By Jay
Tyler wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:38:07 pm
Jessica wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:10:44 pm
Tyler wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:51:39 pm

Lol Jessica keeps disliking my posts so I'm not sure where she stands with the RPDR but I *do* apologize if I have offended!

I was right there with you with the Angeria save btw. I kinda think that Ru just always anticipated putting Angie in the finals and could not see a world where she was not in the finals. But I still don't think she wins.

And NO, I mean, I'm sorry but no I do not see a word where Daya is a winner period. Although. I've often wondered if they would ever do a sort of "Blood vs. Water" season and deliberately cast drag mothers and daughters. Maybe an Allstars? For your consideration:

Crystal/Daya  
Alexis Mateo/Vanjie
Coco/Kahanna Montrese
Alyssa Edwards/ (take your pic: Shangela, Plastique, Laganja, Gia, Vivienne Pinay)
Aja/Dahlia Sin/Kandy Muse
Bob/Cracker
Jaida/Kahmora Hall
Sharon Needles/Aquaria
Symone/Gigi Goode

Anyway, regarding Yvie, I won't disagree with you. Brooklyn's disco runway was ICONIC. Camden's fall iconic IMO. I love a good underdog winner tho so I'm not mad about Yvie's win, and the more I think about it, the more I am looking forward to seeing more of what she brings to the AS7 competition. All of the winners have their different *strengths* so it will be fun to watch!

Do you think regular seasons are more difficult to win than All Stars?    

Lolol I totally never meant to dislike your posts! 😂😂 Has it not been abundantly clear at this point that I basically don’t know what the eff I’m doing and am also technically challenged?! Oopsies. 
I adore you aaaaaand RPDR and would’ve lived for that alliance!! 😍 I can’t wait to see who everyone is. I have also realized that I come across SO different on these threads and in this game than real life. Once people saw my video confessionals they were like ohhhhhhh I get it now. 😂 I just don’t think my personality translates very well on here. Excited for tomorrow!!! Muaaaaah! 
Lmao omg I ❤️ you so much 🤣🤣 I kinda assumed as much with the dislikes so it’s allll good haha. I can’t *wait* to watch the video confessionals!! I never tried one personally… and yeah definitely looking forward to seeing who everyone is—what and what they sound like! I don’t even know what I think everyone sounds like, but I’m sure it will surprise 😂
my video confessionals were just me going off on tangents and forgetting what I was actually talking about for 40 minutes straight lmao. Also my accent might sound different from what people imagine haha, altho idk what the expectation is, probably some bogan bloke is what most people imagine about Australian accents and I'm far from bogan.

Jay

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Tyler
Jay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:41:44 pm
Jessica wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:10:44 pm
Lolol I totally never meant to dislike your posts! 😂😂 Has it not been abundantly clear at this point that I basically don’t know what the eff I’m doing and am also technically challenged?! Oopsies. 
I adore you aaaaaand RPDR and would’ve lived for that alliance!! 😍 I can’t wait to see who everyone is. I have also realized that I come across SO different on these threads and in this game than real life. Once people saw my video confessionals they were like ohhhhhhh I get it now. 😂 I just don’t think my personality translates very well on here. Excited for tomorrow!!! Muaaaaah! 
Lmao omg I ❤️ you so much 🤣🤣 I kinda assumed as much with the dislikes so it’s allll good haha. I can’t *wait* to watch the video confessionals!! I never tried one personally… and yeah definitely looking forward to seeing who everyone is—what and what they sound like! I don’t even know what I think everyone sounds like, but I’m sure it will surprise 😂
my video confessionals were just me going off on tangents and forgetting what I was actually talking about for 40 minutes straight lmao. Also my accent might sound different from what people imagine haha, altho idk what the expectation is, probably some bogan bloke is what most people imagine about Australian accents and I'm far from bogan.
Australian accents are the best, although I admit I have no idea what bogan means 😂 I always think of something between Steve Irwin and Crocodile Dundee. 🤣🤣

Tyler

• Jury
By Jay
Tyler wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:50:50 pm
Australian accents are the best, although I admit I have no idea what bogan means 😂 I always think of something between Steve Irwin and Crocodile Dundee. 🤣🤣

This is a bogan lmao, best example I can think of off the top of my head. 

It's an aussie version of a 'manly man' and sorta the 'stereotypical aussie bloke' that people have the perception of. 

Jay

• Jury
By Tyler
Jay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:17:07 pm

It's an aussie version of a 'manly man' and sorta the 'stereotypical aussie bloke' that people have the perception of. 
Ahh ok so bogan is more slang for like the alpha male type guy? Does it have anything to do with what you *sound* like as well? Like a "dudebro" or frat boy so to speak? 

Tyler

• Jury
I will defend my Daya Betty stance on Wednesday morning in the Stranded discord server. Until then, yes, I do like Phi Phi and I found it very refreshing that Daya was not afraid of being a villain. I still enjoy the show but it was at its peak when the fans didn't send death threats to the villains and people weren't afraid to be real. It's a television show and I want to have fun. I don't begrudge anyone for not handling an extremely stressful situation less than perfectly.

As for Daya's drag, I think she always looks amazing. She's very talented and her looks are fantastic. Her performance on the show started slow, she took off in the back half and performed extremely well. She was THE narrator after Kerri left. So many amazing moments involved her. I love her and I think she is the most interesting winner.

However, I am also Team Camden and Angeria. I don't hate Willow or Bosco at all, I think this is a stacked top 5 and everyone deserves to be there and none of them would be undeserving winners. Some people just click better.

Shonee Fairfax

By Jay
Tyler wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15:28 pm

Ahh ok so bogan is more slang for like the alpha male type guy? Does it have anything to do with what you *sound* like as well? Like a "dudebro" or frat boy so to speak? 
They generally have a really strong accent. I'll put it in more understandable terms. Like when I think of an American accent, I immediately go to a Texan accent because it's the "strongest". It's kinda like that with bogans and Australian accents. And yeah slang for like ya working class alpha male, and there's a whole load of slang associated with bogans and stereotypes and such. 

Jay

• Jury
By Tyler
Shonee Fairfax" wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:39:02 pm I will defend my Daya Betty stance on Wednesday morning in the Stranded discord server. Until then, yes, I do like Phi Phi and I found it very refreshing that Daya was not afraid of being a villain. I still enjoy the show but it was at its peak when the fans didn't send death threats to the villains and people weren't afraid to be real. It's a television show and I want to have fun. I don't begrudge anyone for not handling an extremely stressful situation less than perfectly.

As for Daya's drag, I think she always looks amazing. She's very talented and her looks are fantastic. Her performance on the show started slow, she took off in the back half and performed extremely well. She was THE narrator after Kerri left. So many amazing moments involved her. I love her and I think she is the most interesting winner.

However, I am also Team Camden and Angeria. I don't hate Willow or Bosco at all, I think this is a stacked top 5 and everyone deserves to be there and none of them would be undeserving winners. Some people just click better.
I just want to say that I completely respect your opinion of Daya Betty, and your willingness to defend it. This has honestly been probably the best top 5 of any season, maybe even better than season 9 as I think many of these queens could go on to win future All Star seasons like Trinity and Shea did. I absolutely agree with you as well about the ridiculousness of the fandom and how it affects the behavior of the queens on the show. But, like I *do* understand why the queens don't want to behave that way typically. We all know the reason why they've never gotten a good survivor-esque alliance-forming or scheming on the All Star seasons, or rarely get villains at all, is because these people literally depend on the fans for their living. It is a *huge* risk to get on the show and then just be a villain about it. Phi Phi and Roxxxy and many others sort of taught the same "unspoken rules" of drag race that there are on Survivor: if you stand out as being bossy or a leader on Survivor, you get targeted. In the same way if you are in any way negative on Drag Race towards another competitor, you are shunned by the fans.

Are you saying you respect the person who knows these rules and says "fuck it" anyway? You respect the person who is real, even if they know being real might be to their detriment? Or do you just find these people the most entertaining? Or is it kinda neither, you just appreciate having the contrarian view in the mix? I mean, I think certain queens, like Daya, could build a whole fandom around having that quality. It seems like many queens *wanted* to be *that bitch* when the show first started. Now they all strive for congeniality.

Btw, do we have a guess at who is winning Miss Congeniality this season? 

Tyler

• Jury
By Tyler
Jay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:47:49 pm

They generally have a really strong accent. I'll put it in more understandable terms. Like when I think of an American accent, I immediately go to a Texan accent because it's the "strongest". It's kinda like that with bogans and Australian accents. And yeah slang for like ya working class alpha male, and there's a whole load of slang associated with bogans and stereotypes and such. 
Haha it's true the southern accent is the strongest American accent. That's a good analogy actually. I'm 100% *not* familiar with any differentiation in Australian dialect. Kinda fascinated though now, are their regional accents to Australia like in America? The difference between a Texan accent and a Bostonian, or Minnesotan or New Yorker are all so different. I feel ignorant to think of only one Australian *sound* if that makes sense. 

I have never watched a season of Survivor Australia, but fwiw, after watching a season of Survivor New Zealand I felt like I could definitely pick up the difference in that accent more. It fits more of a logic though to me. Like every "eh" sound Americans words have like *bed* or *friend* are now hard "ee" sounds in New Zealand. Like "this is my beest freend, Jeesica." 

I find language and geography fascinating in general so feel free to continue educating me on the differences in Australian, as well as the other slang you use--like Tassie! haha. 
Jay liked this

Tyler

• Jury
By Jay
Tyler wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:03:40 am

Haha it's true the southern accent is the strongest American accent. That's a good analogy actually. I'm 100% *not* familiar with any differentiation in Australian dialect. Kinda fascinated though now, are their regional accents to Australia like in America? The difference between a Texan accent and a Bostonian, or Minnesotan or New Yorker are all so different. I feel ignorant to think of only one Australian *sound* if that makes sense. 

I have never watched a season of Survivor Australia, but fwiw, after watching a season of Survivor New Zealand I felt like I could definitely pick up the difference in that accent more. It fits more of a logic though to me. Like every "eh" sound Americans words have like *bed* or *friend* are now hard "ee" sounds in New Zealand. Like "this is my beest freend, Jeesica." 

I find language and geography fascinating in general so feel free to continue educating me on the differences in Australian, as well as the other slang you use--like Tassie! haha. 
A lot of the slang in Australia is basically just abbreviated words :crine:. And I'm not *hugely* used to different regional accents in Australia. I def think it's a lot less differentiated than America, or England. England is super differentiated, like you can tell where someone's from just based on their accent. In Australia it's sorta just blended? I think the easier way to differentiate over here is in the slang bc each state has different slang that they use for certain things that other states wouldn't. Not necessarily even slang, but just mannerisms, jokes, etc. between each state. For e.g if anyone in SA started ranting about marshmellow and how he's ruined the system, I'd know exactly what they'd be talking about :shifty:, whereas a Queenslander wouldn't at all.
Tyler liked this

Jay

• Jury
By Tyler
Jay wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:14:53 am

A lot of the slang in Australia is basically just abbreviated words :crine:. And I'm not *hugely* used to different regional accents in Australia. I def think it's a lot less differentiated than America, or England. England is super differentiated, like you can tell where someone's from just based on their accent. In Australia it's sorta just blended? I think the easier way to differentiate over here is in the slang bc each state has different slang that they use for certain things that other states wouldn't. Not necessarily even slang, but just mannerisms, jokes, etc. between each state. For e.g if anyone in SA started ranting about marshmellow and how he's ruined the system, I'd know exactly what they'd be talking about :shifty:, whereas a Queenslander wouldn't at all.
I mean, I agree that you can often tell from an accent where someone is from, even in America, although, I feel I also fall into a category where I do not feel my accent is obvious. I grew up in the midwest: Chicago, St. Louis, Columbus, and a random two years in Seattle. Now I live in southern California, and honestly, the difference in dialect between all of those places, although they are all over the country, aren't all that different-sounding to me. Like, in LA, it kinda makes sense because everyone in LA is from somewhere else. And maybe there is a valley-girl twang in some places but that's exaggerated IMO. They use the word *hella* here more than anywhere else. As in, that's hella cool. They don't say that in the midwest lol. But I can't think of anything they say or do in the midwest more than LA other than smoke cigarettes. Literally *nobody* smokes in LA. There are entire restaurants in LA dedicated to salad. LA is its own creature tbh. 

I need to know more about how marshmellow ruined the system though now. If only to show up the Queenslanders. 

Tyler

• Jury
By Jay
Tyler wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:32:12 am
Jay wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:14:53 am

I mean, I agree that you can often tell from an accent where someone is from, even in America, although, I feel I also fall into a category where I do not feel my accent is obvious. I grew up in the midwest: Chicago, St. Louis, Columbus, and a random two years in Seattle. Now I live in southern California, and honestly, the difference in dialect between all of those places, although they are all over the country, aren't all that different-sounding to me. Like, in LA, it kinda makes sense because everyone in LA is from somewhere else. And maybe there is a valley-girl twang in some places but that's exaggerated IMO. They use the word *hella* here more than anywhere else. As in, that's hella cool. They don't say that in the midwest lol. But I can't think of anything they say or do in the midwest more than LA other than smoke cigarettes. Literally *nobody* smokes in LA. There are entire restaurants in LA dedicated to salad. LA is its own creature tbh. 

I need to know more about how marshmellow ruined the system though now. If only to show up the Queenslanders. 
Haha Marshmellow isn't anything to brag about. In March, we had our state election, which was won by Peter Malinauskas, but before that, Steven Marshall was in office, aka Marshmellow. He got a lot of hate for making shit decisions during covid. Mainly opening the borders when he did, which basically put heaps of pressure on our health system, especially emergency services, ramping was a huge issue. A lot of people were frustrated with unnecessary restrictions, which, if I'm being honest didn't mind *too* much, I thought they at least helped. If you looked on all the SA-related social media pages, he was copping flak all over comment sections. 

With the hella thing, that's kinda funny cus in day-day I use hella quite a bit as well lmao. When I'm getting tired of using really or any other similar superlatives it's my go-to. Also with food, there's def different food preferences based on the state. Like if you're in Tassie, loads of seafood. Melbourne and Sydney is more fine-dining I think? Adelaide is def a pub/bar kinda city, especially around the CBD, although you get a lot of mid-range restaurants too.
Tyler, Taylor liked this

Jay

• Jury
By Ricard
Tyler wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:46:42 am
Shonee Fairfax" wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:39:02 pm I will defend my Daya Betty stance on Wednesday morning in the Stranded discord server. Until then, yes, I do like Phi Phi and I found it very refreshing that Daya was not afraid of being a villain. I still enjoy the show but it was at its peak when the fans didn't send death threats to the villains and people weren't afraid to be real. It's a television show and I want to have fun. I don't begrudge anyone for not handling an extremely stressful situation less than perfectly.

I just want to say that I completely respect your opinion of Daya Betty, and your willingness to defend it. This has honestly been probably the best top 5 of any season, maybe even better than season 9 as I think many of these queens could go on to win future All Star seasons like Trinity and Shea did. I absolutely agree with you as well about the ridiculousness of the fandom and how it affects the behavior of the queens on the show. But, like I *do* understand why the queens don't want to behave that way typically. We all know the reason why they've never gotten a good survivor-esque alliance-forming or scheming on the All Star seasons, or rarely get villains at all, is because these people literally depend on the fans for their living. It is a *huge* risk to get on the show and then just be a villain about it. Phi Phi and Roxxxy and many others sort of taught the same "unspoken rules" of drag race that there are on Survivor: if you stand out as being bossy or a leader on Survivor, you get targeted. In the same way if you are in any way negative on Drag Race towards another competitor, you are shunned by the fans.

Are you saying you respect the person who knows these rules and says "fuck it" anyway? You respect the person who is real, even if they know being real might be to their detriment? Or do you just find these people the most entertaining? Or is it kinda neither, you just appreciate having the contrarian view in the mix? I mean, I think certain queens, like Daya, could build a whole fandom around having that quality. It seems like many queens *wanted* to be *that bitch* when the show first started. Now they all strive for congeniality.

I think Willow wins Miss Congeniality if she doesn't win the season. If she does win, I think it'll go to Angeria.
Tyler, Taylor liked this

Ricard

• Jury
By Taylor
Posts Posts
Ricard wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:29:03 am

I think Willow wins Miss Congeniality if she doesn't win the season. If she does win, I think it'll go to Angeria.
I would be SOOOOOOO satisfied with a Willow win, from her wtf opening talent to the end, she's just been so amazing to watch.

Taylor

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Posts
By Ricard
Taylor wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:06:02 pm
Ricard wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:29:03 am

I would be SOOOOOOO satisfied with a Willow win, from her wtf opening talent to the end, she's just been so amazing to watch.
HER TALENT WILL GO DOWN IN HERSTORY I LOVE IT
Taylor liked this

Ricard

• Jury