--7th Place - Voted out 5-2--
(Some of) You guys know the drill by now. Let's get into it, leave out no details.
  1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?
  2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.
  3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?
  4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?
  5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Group Group Posts Group
I'm feeling better at least...

1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?

No, I wasn't shocked or surprised. I knew Dom was up top, so was Jacob. Dom's ego had to be constantly stroked. I also voted him number one. I'm fine with where I was at 5, a little below average. I know my place, and I know the game I'm playing. I'm not useless but I'm not a star and I'm totally fucking fine with that. Can I just say I also didn't do terrible with my guesses for how the tribe guessed lol. I was the closest. Which also tells me something, that I have an idea who sits where socially in our tribe which make me feel better like ok... at least I do have a general idea what's going on, lol.

2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.

The best moment in my game so far was the night of the prisoners dilemma individual immunity challenge. I slayed. I got individual immunity and was able to pull off a pretty sick blindside on the Kam 4. That night gave me goosebumps.

3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?

I have no idea. I am always thinking strategically but I am getting better at making social bonds now... I can't tell honestly. I feel like they are intertwined. I'm also socially awkward in general so me bringing up strategy talks is difficult sometimes, but I think I'm getting better? Idk sometimes I'm so awkward I can't tell.

4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?

Whoever got out Hali is overstaying their welcome. Hali went home too early. I feel like a broken record.

Anyway, I need to figure out who did it and get on that ASAP. Pretty sure it's a merge tomorrow night, not a swap. Otherwise it's five swaps which seems like a lot to me.

5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

I needed Dom out because he was talking too much about the idol. With him gone, the idol conspiracy theories are gone and people stop talking about it. It's out. He's out. Big weight off my shoulder and I can focus back on my game and making better bonds with people.
Random thoughts...

Last night was rough and today was hard too but I think I'm feeling better. I liked seeing Hali in tribal tonight, at least I know she's watching. I wish we could still play together. I tried to find the youtube video of the confessional where Natalie talks about avenging Jeremy after he gets blindsided and that's how I feel now. I'm glad I was able to pull off this move tonight.

Oh and I was also going to mention that Genie mentioned she told Rachel about the Dom vote and she told Rachel to keep it between them; however, literally like seconds before tribal Rachel messaged me that Genie told her about the vote... so okay (1) that's good because I didn't have to spill the beans in case the plan goes sour (idk that it would 2 seconds before tribal anyway lol); and (2) because I know because of what Genie said that Rachel trusts me. So I know I have to be up there with Rachel somehow. I've been working on talking to her since we swapped, so at least I know I'm doing something right. 

But yeah, idk that's it. I'm sure I'll have an emotional rant soon. Something's bound to flip again.

-Lindsey
#halsey

James Zinkand, Hali, John liked this

Lindsey

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
Alright so this is probably when I need to talk to Hali, lol.

Tonight will be the last tribal immunity before merge/swap, I'm assuming. Right now I am on a tribe with 8 and I feel pretty good with everyone. So in case we lose I need to figure something out so (a) I don't become a target; (b) so I need need to use the idol. 

Here's my breakdown:
  1. Will is my perceived number one right now, and I think he offers me a connection to OG Maus on the other tribe. That will be with Tyler and Shirin. I definitely can't go after him because I will need him to to get right back in with Tyler and Shirin and figure out who they are targeting, where there votes are going, etc. I do not have that game connection with Tyler. I also need to know if he was one of the people that did vote for Hali and/or if he came up with the plan. I still think Tyler is in with the boys. I also think there may be a possibility Shirin did vote for her but I also think that if she did it was more out of self-preservation that against her. I will need to find that out too. I think that Hali got on good enough with her on both swaps and I reconnected back with her on the second swap at Rhodes I can probably work with her a bit and get information.
  2. Ricard & Genie they are going to grouped together. They are a strong pair. I like that they are both predictable, loyal players and with one of them there are two votes. 
  3. Jacob says he has my back, even after the Dom vote. He said before and after the vote that if he hears my name come out of anyone's mouth that he will let me know, and I told him the same. Right now, I'm sitting on it. I believe Jacob is telling the truth. So I don't think I can go for him either. I know he will be at the bottom going into the merge with Dom gone so there is a possibility I can work with him.
  4. Rachel I have been talking a lot of game with her, and also personally we get on really well. She said herself she is not tight with anyone from the Cretes side, so she could also work with me going into the merge, and she even said she would. I also believe she's telling the truth.
  5. Bradley so Bradley is cool. Personally we also get on well, and I think he is just in self-preservation mode. But I also just get the sense that he feels closer to Will, Genie, or someone else that isn't me. I wonder is that the case?
  6. Jay. Similar to everyone else, I feel okay with Jay. Personally we talk a lot. I told him I liked working with him. His worry he said is that now that Dom is gone he basically doesn't see a scenario where either him or Jacob go home, and tbh, I think he may be right. I think he is the biggest (physical?) threat going into merge, and he seems like a big player who likes to make big moves, and with those bigger guys on the other tribe I feel like he will link right up with him. I just wonder if he could be my shield? So I'm just thinking if I end up making it to merge and he is there, say I play my idol. I can link up with him somehow and go a little further with him. If he ends up being so out in front of me, it might actually be good. I just don't know but I feel like either keeping him or getting rid of me has it's pros and cons. I think if the rest of the tribe def wants him out if we lose, I shouldn't push it. But idk like now I'm thinking something in my gut is like telling me I should at least try and see if him and Rachel would be willing to work together. With that we can get Jacob and make something happen, I'm just not sure yet, what. That's why I'm typing.
So what I'm thinking is if anything, I would need to make a move that cuts away someone who feels closer to someone else. If I do that, it would need to be Genie or Ricard, or Bradley (maybe Jay). I feel like something like that, but I don't know. I know, I think you would be shaking your head that I need to trust Ricard and Genie? Do I? But all I know is if we get to a point and they are together they would definitely cut me. Genie is so likeable but we have a bond. I feel like everyone loves her and she can make it far. Ricard I feel like would be more likely to get with me than her if I were to cut one of the two. I'm just not sure. With Bradley, he might just be the easy target out of the three, but I also feel the same that if he stays with our 5 we made he will stay closer to Will.

So I don't know? I feel like the 5 will want to do Jay but I'm not sure. I need to talk to him more. I also don't want to rustle (ruffle) any feathers before merge, esp if I am thinking about playing the idol soon, it will look bad on me. I need to think more.

-Lindsey
Mike, Cochran, Hali liked this

Lindsey

• Jury
I know you're reading these so fuck it lol.

After that message I typed last, I am working with Jay to figure out a way to keep him and go after Bradley. Like I said, I want this vote to be about breaking a bond with someone. I think Bradley will latch onto Will and that won't be good for me at the merge. He doesn't need any more numbers.

I told Jay to talk to Genie and Will. I am trying to convince Will. If Jay can get the majority on board, I told them I'm in.

Jay will be good for me. He has a bond with Wendell and Taylor and with what I've built with Jay, he can give me information and I can know who voted for you. I will work it to my advantage somehow (I hope at least, lol). I think he will go for
Tyler anyway at the merge. I feel like Erika def voted for you too bc she was up top with those guys in that immunity challenge last night. This is making me regret the Rodney move if she did go after you. 

Omg they are actually going to do this I think... are they? Did I just do this... I'm freaking out. We'll see. 

#halsey
Hali liked this

Lindsey

• Jury
Okay these were the votes that night... 5 mins into merge, I wanted to know what happened that night, lol.

Tyler and Shirin voted for Erika
You voted for Shirin bc you thought the votes were split between you and Shirin. I would have done the same.
Then everyone else voted for you.
So this is who wrote your name down (Note to self):

Bret
Jessica
Erika 
Taylor
Wendell

I should have sent you the idol and Erika would have been out.

Everyone I talk to is like I'm super sad Hali left... like yeah you have no idea fuck you all.

Also, Erika not even 30 seconds in basically called you a backstabber, said you turned against her for no reason. Yeah, okay, Erika, it was for a reason. I hate her. 

So this will be fun...:devil:

#halsey

Lindsey

• Jury