--11th Place - Voted out (8)-2-1--
Another day/night in the grind everyone, so let's get to it!
  1. Tonight's tribal was showstopping! Whispers galore, Lindsey playing an idol. What do you make of it? How do you feel about Taylor going to jury, is that beneficial to you or not, and why?
  2. Would you agree that a Crete/Rhodes split is visible, and that loyalty to one's original game is big factor? Or do you think the two games are more blurred by now? Do you find yourself sticking with your OG season from Aegean Sea, or are you fine with hopping over and working with who you need to?
  3. Who do you think has found the last hidden idol? If nobody yet, how hard are you going to search for it? Hope the hunt goes well! Have you received any clues yet to help you?
  4. Not including winning the season, what is one goal left in the game that you want to cross off of your bucket list? It can be anything minor or major you want, personal or game. Is there any unfinished business, or would you feel somewhat satisfactory if you were to leave the game soon?
  5. Who is next in danger on this tribe?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Group Group Group Posts
Dean Kowalski" wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53:25 pm

I don't think I have ever identified so much with an exit quote! Damn I'm gonna miss Taylor. 

1.Tonight's tribal was showstopping! Whispers galore, Lindsey playing an idol. What do you make of it? How do you feel about Taylor going to jury, is that beneficial to you or not, and why?

Tonight was incredible! Talk about a night to have immunity! Holy fucking fuck!

I'm still the old man here who doesn't know how to whisper! I'm sure it's very easy. But it makes you look very sus!

Lindsey playing an idol OH MY GOD! Were you not entertained? That was so cool! Like if this was anything like how it feels on the actual show, I was just like YESSS!!!! FUCK YES! It has really paid off for me IMO to start kissing up to Lindsey and working with her gamebot ass as much as possible. She is important to have on your side! Saving Rachel and guaranteeing taking out Taylor was exactly what I was hoping to see happen tonight and once again I am kinda stunned that I was on the right side of this plan too.

I have no idea what the other whispers were about but Will whispered to me in the middle of council that the majority was Rachel. And when I saw that I was just like--fuck! Do I switch my vote to Rachel so I'm not in the minority? But something about tonight was different. I was kinda like--no. I want to work with Rachel in this game and I want to be seen as someone who voted for Rachel to stay because I think I have chosen my side at this point and I am rolling with the Rhodes peeps. Plus Rachel.

Taylor going to the jury is both beneficial and not beneficial to me. As a human, I *really* liked Taylor. Like just as much honestly as Genie. Like truly I wanted to work with both of them so bad that not having them here is sad and totally scary. They are decisions I have made because I do not have the control in this game. I just don't. And I was pretty much lied to by Will to manipulate me into voting for Genie. Like it basically came out in the wash today. I woke up to several messages from Will saying I had thrown him under the bus to Ricard and me asking him if he didn't come up with the story then who did, and he got defensive, and I basically did my best to try to deal with that and calm him down (while also periodically napping).

ICYMI:
WILL: Hey good morning I hope yiu slept well💙🥰
WILL: Hey what's up?? I'm hearing that yiur saying that I was throwing Jacob's name under bus to ricard?
WILL: I'm also hearing from Ricard yiur throwing me under the bus
WILL: Soo Lindsey Jay and Jacob are trying to low key throw that Genie move alll on me?? Like WASNT EVEN MY MOVE 😑🤦🏾‍♂️
WILL: Between us but I'm like WOOW
ME: Yes basically last night after the vote I talked to Ricard who said he never spoke to Jacob or jay about targeting me and they wanted to know where I heard it, and I said I heard that it came from them. Then Jacob messaged and said he never said that, and then everyone was like are you sure this didn’t come from will instead?? So like yes, basically they are trying to put the move on you, and now get you mad at me.
WILL: That's hilarious bc yea I've gotten sooo much heat and now am in firing range because of it and it's bullshit bc I never came up with this idea I'm soo pissed idc
ME: Well who came up with it then?
WILL: Yea i think I'm done explaining myself if yiu don't believe me after all times I've tried to save yiu vote name idgaf at this point
ME: I do believe you will! I’m #teamrudy4lyfe bro. I’ve still got you. I just was catching heat myself last night. Bro you’ve done everything in this game for me, and it’s still you and me ❤️❤️
WILL: Yea its cool
ME: Fuck you’re really mad at me aren’t you?
WILL: No it's all good
WILL: I'm about to get off here thi it's been fun game💙
ME: Will please don’t give up I need you bro ❤️
WILL: Yea as yiu kick me under the bus hard af 🤫🤫🤣
WILL: But best of luck bro
WILL: I truly did enjoy getting to know yiu 💯
ME: Dude wtf? I never threw you under the bus.
ME: They are just trying to play us against each other
ME: We can still do this
WILL: Yea I see that
WILL: Supposedly ppl are saying it's Taylor
ME: Ok that’s fine, I’m good with whatever name you want
WILL: I'm hearing Taylor and another but who knows it's probably me... bc everyone seems to want to vote how I want to weird af lol
WILL: I'm down with voting Taylor
WILL: I just have been dealing with HELLA BACKLASH from that move on.Genie but I'm literally just exhausted I've heard about it since I woke amd been explaining my part and my head hurts
WILL: Lol I'm pooped idk that was a hard blowback
WILL: Ppl act like I'm some threat and idont see it I don't even win challenges
ME: I understand how you feel. It sucks when everyone is looking at you. But I’m not hearing anything but Taylor yet. Of course I still feel sick and am drifting in and out of consciousness too so. But I’m sorry you are feeling down. ❤️❤️
WILL: Like it sucks bc Jay said Ricard was saying your name and it just became a huge asss mess

and like, basically after this things smoothed out somewhat, but honestly at one point...nvm just read it: 

WILL: but I am hearing your name from other side hopefully between us but our side I'm hearing Taylor
Me: Interesting…ok! See I told you you’d be fine dude lol
WILL: We will see I could be being blindsided I'll wait til votes but heard Rachel being pushed too
ME: Rachel? Do you think that’s legit?
WILL: I truly do bc it was being g talked about even before Genie vote
ME: Yeah I kinda think that’s what’s really happening tonight, but idk for a fact obvi
WILL: Me either only time will tell ppl aren't talking much to.me
ME: If Ricard votes with them I think they will have majority no?
WILL: Who's them?
WILL: Crete?
WILL: Minus rachel?
WILL: Rachel? With?
ME: Idk the people voting for Rachel? I’m trying to talk to Ricard but obviously he is sus too
WILL: Ricard said Taylor
WILL: Everyone is acting sus af
WILL: It's soooo scary
ME: Ok I’ll stick with Taylor then 🤞🏻
WILL: I may vote random 🥴🤣 bc I still worry it could be me it's been super quite... imma vote who I think will win this thing 🤣
ME: Wait what?
WILL: Taylor?
WILL: Tyler congrats!!! So what yiu thinking
I am still thinking Taylor unless the plan has changed...?
WILL: No Taylor is fine

As you can infer, the above convo happened just before and after my immunity win. Notice Will said he might vote random? Now what one EARTH would make him want to do that? Did he *know* Lindsey was playing her idol? What alliance did he have with Taylor that he simply could not vote for him? I mean I feel like *I* had to have had a closer relationship to Taylor than Will but Will is playing all sides everywhere. And this theme came up again actually with Ricard later tonight:

AFTER TONGIHT'S TC
RICARD: Well that was a lot
ME: Lmao!!
ME: You can say that again!
[cut]
RICARD: So did you really think you were in danger?
RICARD: All I'd heard leading up to the vote was Taylor and Rachel
RICARD: But I'm feeling like I was totally left out of all this drama lol
ME: yes I really did. I had heard it was between Rachel and I, whoever didn't win. so idk.
ME: i just kinda assume at this point I am easy target, so, it sucks, but what am I gonna do?
RICARD: I feel like no one has gone home who was an "easy target" lol
ME: that is a good point actually haha
RICARD: besides, I think right now we have majority?
RICARD: if our group can stick together
ME: That would be lovely honestly! Can it just be easy for a bit? lmao
ME: "easy"
RICARD: Nothing is ever easy
ME: i dont think it will ever be easy
RICARD: I snapped on Will right before the vote
RICARD: I couldn't take it anymore
ME: why what happened?
RICARD: We'd beeen talking about Taylor for a couple hours as the vote
RICARD: and then like 10 minutes before TC
RICARD: maybe 15
RICARD: he's like I really want to vote Rachel
RICARD: And I told him I didn't want to do that because Rachel was one of the only people who voted with me last round
RICARD: And he was like no we need to vote together
RICARD: And I was like... do you not understand that it's you who has to rebuild trust with me and not the other way around
RICARD: and then he started saying he has all three idol clues
RICARD: and he'd give them to me but only after the vote to ensure I'd vote with him
RICARD: so I lost it
ME: oh woooow, what is going on with Will?
RICARD: I don't know
RICARD: but I was obviously upset with him last night
RICARD: and i was mad this morning because he kept lying and changing his story on me
RICARD: And he wouldn't let it go
RICARD: I've just reached a point where I'm not sure how much I can handle of him anymore
ME: yeah he had some messages for me when I woke up this morning about supposedly throwing him under the bus, but I'm like, Will, they came to me already knowing and like, I don't really get why he would make it up either, but the more I am getting the story, the more I am hearing that it was more just Genie who ever said anything about me and it may not have even been about any time soon and the whole thing is just a big cluster that I'm not sure needed to happen? I have always known Will to be a bit frenetic, but he has also always told me the truth so I didn't question it as much as I probably should have... I would love if he could just calm down and stick with the Rhodes crew. I totally hear you though.
RICARD: I don't think he's capable of that
RICARD: like he has yet to probe that he can be calm and/or carry through a plan lol
RICARD: I'll be honest - me, him, lindsey, and genie had an alliance
RICARD: which is why I felt so betrayed
RICARD: and he was going off on me this morning about how he never felt heard
RICARD: and people were always telling him the vote
RICARD: I'm like dude - I always asked you what you thought
RICARD: he kept trying to put the blame on me
ME: i hate to say it, but it seems like he might be trying to play all sides. He was pretty defensive with me too. I'm like if you didn't make it up Will then who did? And he's like I'm done explaining myself. If you don't trust me after all I've done for you... and like he's been open with me yeah, but he also put me in a bad spot with you and Rachel too, so like, wtf?
ME: anyway, I still want to give Will the benefit of the doubt right now
ME: but I think we are on the same page again. Let's just keep talking and if he gets squirrelly again...
RICARD: He's been trying to play both sides since the beginning
ME: well, what are you thinking then? Do you think he can be trusted?
RICARD: I want to trust him
RICARD: but after last night
RICARD: and again tonight
RICARD: its just really hard
RICARD: but like, he's also a number for us
RICARD: so
ME: i mean, i agree with everything you just said
ME: just not sure how to proceed exactly. I guess we see which Will we get tomorrow?
RICARD: yeah
RICARD: I guess that's the best thing to do

So this is basically to share that I think I may have recovered from the fiasco with Ricard as this has all basically blown back into Will's face and I *think* that I may still be okay with Will too, although, I should probably question that. I mean, I want to trust Will. LORD KNOWS I want to trust will. This confessional knows I want to trust Will. I really am *still* #TeamRudy4Lyfe and I don't have any intention of voting for Will, but I hope he has learned his lesson. Like playing all sides burns you! He became the ship-steerer that I have been referring to. The question is, is he going to try to keep leap-frogging between Crete and Rhodes? Or is he going to choose a side? 

2. Would you agree that a Crete/Rhodes split is visible, and that loyalty to one's original game is big factor? Or do you think the two games are more blurred by now? Do you find yourself sticking with your OG season from Aegean Sea, or are you fine with hopping over and working with who you need to?

Ha! this is that funny synchronicity thing where my last answer leads into my next. Yes, I think there is and always has been a Rhodes/Crete split and different people have danced around the idea of crossing the fence--some more than others I think. I am not ruling out the possibility of working with the Crete boys at some point. I *still* have a ~decent~ relationship with Wendell I think. I was honest with him tonight about the Taylor vote, as I was with Taylor. I decided after last night that I should just be honest when I can if I am hearing someone's name. People appreciate the honesty in advance even if its news they don't want to hear. Yes, Taylor is in the jury now too, so maybe he'll remember that some day. But again, not worrying about the jury yet. 

I still don't have a relationship with Jacob yet, and I am realizing in this moment how long it has been since I have spoken to Jay. I don't even know if there is anything I could even do to get either of them to trust me, and so it would be good for my game if one of them were the next to go. At this point I don't really care who. I mean, I much prefer to talk with Jay, so I should hit him up again...

3. Who do you think has found the last hidden idol? If nobody yet, how hard are you going to search for it? Hope the hunt goes well! Have you received any clues yet to help you?

I'm sure a bunch of people who haven't been paying attention think that *I* have it. And I wish that I did. I haven't figured out the clues yet but I also have not spent a lot of time with them. I have never given the idols much of a search and this week was no exception as I have needed massive amounts of sleep over the last couple days to recover from whatever bug I picked up from god knows where. I never leave my house people! Is it a Stranded Stress Bug? SSB :sick:

If anyone has found the idol at this point--don't you think it would be Lindsey now??? She's found one of them! She could certainly find another. Does that mean she will become next round's target? Possibly. Although I have literally never heard her name come up so she seems connected in a way I don't fully understand. The fact is, Lindsey is a much bigger threat in this game than even Tyler is with all of his immunity wins, because Tyler has never played an idol! Okay maybe I am exaggerating. I think I am still a pretty big target. Maybe people have bigger fish than me--I guess we'll see the day I *don't* win immunity...

This question is funny - "Hope the hunt goes well!" As if you're *trying* to cover up that someone has already found the idol...your first insinuation ;)

And yes I have received the clues--all of them, but I think most people probably have at this point. I hear of Rachel's strategy of sharing the clues with everyone and I think that it might be a good idea actually if it gets the stink of the clues off of you. If everyone has the clues then everyone has equal access to the idol. No reason to think it's just me. I just think it has become easy to say that Tyler has the idol. Or that Tyler should be the target. Then again, I *think* some of this Tyler focus *may* be wearing off too. Not sure...

4. Not including winning the season, what is one goal left in the game that you want to cross off of your bucket list? It can be anything minor or major you want, personal or game. Is there any unfinished business, or would you feel somewhat satisfactory if you were to leave the game soon? 

Oooh I like this question! I would say making the jury is an accomplishment that I haven't let truly sink in yet. Like I heard you say it with Jess, but with Genie and Taylor now it's becoming more real. There is a jury and I get to be a part of it! Like that is an exciting thing to get to be able to be a part of after an intense game like this with *so* many good players. I am still kind of pinching myself that I am still in it somehow but I'm hanging on for dear life. If I have to win every damn immunity challenge to the end haha. No of course that is not possible. And that is the part of my game that I am still in shock over. Like how is the 41 year old dude winning all these challenges? It doesn't make sense. I guess some are only using their phones though? Now *that's* impressive! Like I hope that people are more like awww Tyler thats nice for you than like legit mad or scared of me. But like, I *live* in fear so in my mind, everyone thinks I am either an idol threat or an immunity threat. I can only hope that I can either ride the Rhodes wave for a bit, or somehow sneak out of Lindsey and Will getting all the attention at the moment... time will tell and I am just trying to hold on for one more day until things can go my way...just like the Wilson Phillips song. :P

So all that to say, on some level I would be very ok with leaving the game soon. I am *so* happy to have gotten this far. Top 11 out of 40 is sick! I think I can get further and I would like to. I am grateful for every extra round I get to play and I would say that if there is one bucket list thing still left to do it is to make some kind of game changing move between now and the end that I can point to and say--this is when I won. I don't have that specific moment yet. I think I already have an admirable amount of immunity wins to point to, but those are what will probably get me voted out so I'm not counting those chickens yet! 

And this playing from the bottom position I feel I am in resonates with the experience I had in that glory game I have mentioned in the past. The only game I've only won that also started with 40 people. I got to the end of that game not because I won every immunity--in fact I recall more often than not my allies being the ones to get the early boots and I had to be resourceful and bond with people I hadn't been bonding with all game in order to survive. And honestly, I don't think I am playing that glory game yet. This has been a rough couple days and this is the first time in awhile I have felt like being so loquacious. I must be feeling better! 

5. Who is next in danger on this tribe?

ME! duhhhh. It's always me. Like I swear if I don't win immunity people are gonna Joe Anglim my ass. Sure some say that is not the case, and maybe that is truly not the case. But I still think that's the case. *IF* we can somehow solidify a Rhodes voting block I might be able to get through this weekend. Otherwise, I believe I am a sitting duck the moment I don't win immunity again.

Then again it could be Will. He's definitely in Ricard's front of mind...he's been playing both sides and freaking out his core allies. I just hope he snaps back into place.

I could see Lindsey being the next target. She made a big name for herself playing the idol tonight. I loved the move and as of this moment I am #TeamLindsey, but I know she is dangerous af.

It could also be Rachel again. She is establishing herself as a challenge threat as well. 

Isn't it interesting that I just named 3 people from Rhodes? What could possibly go wrong tomorrow? :laugh:
Oh right. Rachel isn't from Rhodes! I keep forgetting cuz she keeps voting with us. I wonder how long *that* will last???
I wish I could obviously point to one person on Crete and be like "they're next" but it's not obvious to me in this moment.

Wendell - is probably the most likely to win of the Crete men left. He could be targeted next for being this threatening. It's hard to say. A part of me would prefer to keep Wendell around a little bit longer than Jacob or jay though.

I am going to *hope* that either Jacob or Jay become the vote tomorrow because either name would be best for my game to leave. 

Bret has done an amazing job of being neutral af. I don't know where he stands about anything. He has been trying to communicate as well and I've been finding it challenging to know how much I can trust him. So for now I don't really trust him. But there may be a day when I need to, so I need to keep Bret warm as well. I think it's possible Bret *could* also be targeted next given that his name has come up a couple times at council already.

Is Shirin the only name I haven't mentioned? Somehow by being not very active Shirin has made herself, IMO, one of the safest people in this game. IDK if Bret was the one to vote for her this round? Like who else would vote for her? Erika?

I forgot to mention Erika - I have a feeling Erika knows how good of a position she's in right now. I don't think anyone is targeting Erika at all anymore. Just me those two times lol 

Dean Kowalski, Cochran, Catalie and 4 others liked this

Tyler

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts