--11th Place - Voted out (8)-2-1--
You’ve passed the halfway point of the game! Congratulations!

Reply to the questions below by using video, audio or text. Many of you are doing a fantastic job of letting us know your game insights, strategies and plans and some… may as well be invisible in that regard.

1.    New idols clues were released tonight to some of you. Do you NEED to find an idol to save your game?

2.    In your application, we asked which three Survivor contestants matched your personality the best. As we go into the third full week of the game, have your thoughts about that changed? Which Survivor contestants remind you most of how you're playing NOW?

3.    What are your plans to ensure you make it through the next boot? Are you a big target, or are you hiding behind one for safety?

4.    Congrats on your win tonight! Did you need it? Does it help or harm your game?

That’s all from me tonight, don’t be invisible!

Susie Smith

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Group Custom Posts Custom
Susie Smith" wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:15:57 pm You’ve passed the halfway point of the game! Congratulations!

Reply to the questions below by using video, audio or text. Many of you are doing a fantastic job of letting us know your game insights, strategies and plans and some… may as well be invisible in that regard.

1.    New idols clues were released tonight to some of you. Do you NEED to find an idol to save your game?

2.    In your application, we asked which three Survivor contestants matched your personality the best. As we go into the third full week of the game, have your thoughts about that changed? Which Survivor contestants remind you most of how you're playing NOW?

3.    What are your plans to ensure you make it through the next boot? Are you a big target, or are you hiding behind one for safety?

4.    Congrats on your win tonight! Did you need it? Does it help or harm your game?

That’s all from me tonight, don’t be invisible!

Why do I get the feeling the confessional quote is referring to me? Probably because I am assuming it came from Steph. But it could have come from Brad too, right? That's probably more likely...

But the paranoia in me is thinking that Stephanie probably thought she could trust me and this quote is a reflection of how she feels about being betrayed. I do feel like I betrayed Steph in some regard. My strategy in this game has been to try to be everyone's best friend and that means until the second they are voted out--until the second *I* vote them out. I know some people are going to feel hurt about that. I don't feel good about it. But I just feel like the safest strategy is to try to make everyone feel safe until the end. I am *sure* this is going to happen to me at some point, so I am trying to prepare myself now for how much that is going to hurt. It is probably going to feel like "fuck you!" to whoever is involved. It could be my best friends in this game. It's only going to get harder the deeper we get and it's already hard, at final 20.  

If you had asked me this question yesterday, I probably would have said yes!

Let me just start by saying that waking up this morning I honestly had no idea how the vote was going to go tonight. I was basically online all weekend hanging around waiting for someone to tell me what was happening on this tribe. It never happened. I found myself in a hundred different "what are you up to? Nothing, you? Nothing" conversations and the strategy that I have been using all game--talk to everyone, figure out who I can trust, get myself in a majority alliance, and prepare for the next stage of the game--basically let me down. I talked to everyone I saw online. But I could not figure out who I could trust. 

What I *think* was happening was basically everyone was more or less aware of the numbers, that there was a 5-5 Rhodes/Crete split, and there was either no clear and obvious target, or it wasn't going to become clear until the last minute. Most of us were meeting 5 new people for the first time--and I was no exception, even though I *had* met Wendell before, I hadn't met Erika. This caused a lot of interesting friction and tension that may or may not have been interesting to watch, but, at least for me, it did not result in any real clear direction for how to wrangle or steer the votes. Where were the cracks? We had to find out.

And by "we" I mean, me, Hali and Shirin. Carolyn is a the nebulous 4th of the Mauso core here and though I love her, I know she is not going to be the person who wrangles the vote together or gathers intel for the group. It's kind of fascinating but LOVELY how close Hali and I seem to have gotten while we've been on this tribe. We are finally working together for real and the trust is building in a legitimate way. We both feel vulnerable and are freely exchanging information with each other to try to figure out a way to keep us both safe. I truly feel like Hali is someone I can trust in this game now but it has probably taken until today, tonight, to this moment to get to that point. I am nowhere near this point with Lindsey, for example. I think in a lot of ways it *took* being forced to vote on the same tribe again to make sure that the trust that has been building between us all game started to coalesce into something tangible. Like I *think* we are finally there. And I *think* it was through sharing information that we kinda landed on Jess as the potential crack in the Crete group...

But, at least in my opinion, once again it was Shirin who got the winning group together here tonight. She did it in Mausolus with the Oddballs, and I think she did it again tonight with the Apple group although maybe that was actually Hali? It's hard to say for sure. All I know is I was considering voting Jessica yesterday, especially if Wendell and Steph has suggested it. But today, once Hali and Shirin were suggesting we pull Steph and Taylor into a group to work together, and then that actually happened--it was on! Maybe I should be giving Hali the credit for this? Either way one of them basically got to the heart of the crack--and that is that Jess felt personally wounded by something Steph did in the past. I don't have a full understanding obviously of what that wound was, but basically it sounded like Steph faked some messages and said they came from Jess... and like, I get it. I'm not gonna judge the gameplay, all I know is there was a consequence for that gameplay that I believe Stephanie suffered tonight.

To be clear *I* did not have any personal beef with Steph. I was prepared to spend the next week or two getting to know Steph more as we traversed this game, so I *hope* that it is not truly Steph that is mad at me for what happened. I actually half wonder if Jess had been established as a target early on if Steph might have been spared tonight? But the point is *someone* on my *team* figured out who on the *other* tribe needed what to get them to turn on their OG Game-tribe and that was Jess needed a group of friends! Apparently she has never had a group in this game and at this point she is so excited and grateful to be a part of a group, she either doesn't realize it is predominantly Worlds Apart peeps--or doesn't care. And either reality is a win for Tyler. But I am so grateful to Hali and/or Shirin for establishing this crack! 

I mean, look, I will take *some* credit at least in filling in the group with whatever info I had gathered to date. My relationship with Wendell *did* at least help to establish that he seemed to be working with or at least was okay with working with Steph, and ultimately should maybe not be in the loop. For me, this was probably the biggest monkey wrench in my night because up until tonight I had been building what I thought was a gradual trust with Wendell. Once the vote landed on Steph tho, I also knew there was going to be fallout with Wendell. The fact is though that I need to repair this relationship with Wendell before we swap again in order to possibly bridge a relationship with Domenick and Jacob in the future. I *hope* that targeting Erika next time we vote instead of him will help with this. But the fact is that even Shirin sensed that Wendell was mad tonight. I sensed it too. I definitely sent an apology message to him after TC explaining why I voted for Steph and why I left him out of the loop, hoping he would understand and forgive me. He said he understood, but he definitely feels like he is next to go, and I'm not sure if he forgives me or not. Maybe in time. Like I said before, I am going to treat this relationship like it's forever until its not. I just hope the relationship is still repairable and not ruined because ruined is not good for Tyler unless Wendell is the next to go. 

But to get back to your OG question, no, i don't think I NEED to find an idol to save my game. I might have felt otherwise yesterday or even this morning, but after tonight, I feel like I have every reason to celebrate!

Like, clearly the hosts set this stage of the game up to be Crete vs Rhodes and with a 5-5 split clearly it could go either way--with the obvious consequence being the potential for everyone on the wrong side of the vote to be at risk after the vote. *This* is what Wendell is feeling right now, and basically so is Bret. And I don't feel good about this reality because I *REALLY LIKE BRET AND WENDELL* and I don't like that they feel so vulnerable because I think I see potential to work with both of them in the future if they will forgive and trust me. Neither of them are aware yet that Erika is the likely next target and that needs to stay under wraps basically until the last minute once again. But gratefully--blissfully--I have some perspective in this moment to start to move into the "prepare for the next stage of the game" part of my strategy. And either Bret or Wendell or BOTH of them *could* make it to the next stage, so I want them as options for if and when we swap tribes again.

This is a fun question! This may depend on a couple different potential realities...

Ok so my first thought is that is that I might be perceived in this game similar to how RL Tyler was perceived in his game prior to the merge. Not really a target and more or less liked by what seems like a good amount of the players. If I recall Tyler was somewhat of a non-entity until he made the merge and the numbers dwindled down to a point where he was perceived to be a threat to win. To me this is just how I believe I am always perceived in games like this. I am not loud. I am not aggressive. I am not pushy. I am not the person who is going to be over the top or start drama. That's not me. You probably aren't even going to notice that I am here. And if you do it's probably because you like and trust me and don't perceive me as a threat and would really like me to be a vote for you down the line. I get it! That's how I feel about most of the players here too! And fuck if that strategy hasn't gotten me past the half way point of a 40 person game I didn't even know I was playing! Like I GET why the hosts love the characters who bring the drama because that isn't usually smart game play! But it *is* entertaining. I'm sure there were many lurking Steph stans who are disappointed to see her go and, tbh, if I was lurking, I'd probably feel the same way if she was truly as spicy as I have heard she was...

On second thought, I'm not sure if my winning the immunity challenge today has changed my perception for others. I think there is a good possibility I came onto some people's radars today by winning the challenge, and for as great as it felt to be immune--and let me tell you it felt *INCREDIBLE*--I know it could also come with some consequences... Fortunately my "'challenge strength" can be an asset when we are competing as tribes, so I hope the tribe sees it that way. I can't help but know, though, that some people *may* be readjusting in their minds who I might actually be... am I Joe Anglim? Am I Ozzy? I don't think people think I'm Ozzy, but I *do* think I might be becoming more of a challenge standout and that could be detrimental at the merge stage in particular...

On third thought, I am trying to think of the Survivor player who may be known for pulling the strings but is sort of under cover. Maybe Mariano circa Redemption Island? I'm thinking of more of a Derek Lavasseur type maybe although, that is definitely wishful thinking on my part. I am definitely not *pulling* any strings, I just *have* what I *think* to be some potential strings moving forward:

Shirin - on this tribe she is my number one and it *feels* like we are now at the *very* core of this tribe.
Hali - the trust is building and our long-time Mausolus connection is finally paying off for both of us
Carolyn - every TC she survives makes her more and more loyal to me I believe. Like it is waaay too early still to even be considering this, but Carolyn would probably make an amazing goat at the end of this game. I don't know if she trusts anyone in this game more than me at this point. Maybe Shirin? It's possible, but I *think* she is closet to me fwiw.
Jessica & Taylor - suddenly two new allies I didn't have yesterday and if we continue to work together without issue these could be two people that could come in *very* handy down the line as well as now!
Bret - the lines of communication are still open and though he *could* be playing me, I *think* he actually does trust me and wants to genuinely work together...
Wendell - I am holding out hope that there is still a bridge here. Time will tell...
(and that's just the zakros tribe)

On Mausolus, as a reminder, I feel good about
Genie & Ricard - particularly Genie
Will - duh, #TeamRudy4Lyfe
Dom - someone I was starting to build trust with on Gyaros
Lindsey - who knows where our relationship is at this point but we are not total strangers and we *are* OG Mausolus so there is a string here.
Rachel - even Rachel who seems to be somewhat nebulous in this game is someone I was starting to get to know on Gyaros and was liking. She admitted then before we swapped she would be willing to work with me, so who knows? Maybe another string?

I mean just to be clear the only strings I don't feel I really have at all right now are:
Erika
Jacob
Bradley
Jay

And Bradley and Jay are simply because they are the only two humans in this game I have not met! 

So basically, in this moment, I am feeling really good about my game. When I stepped onto this tribe I was *real* unsure how this was gonna go but I am feeling a lot more jazzed about how things are looking right now.

My plan for ensuring I make it through the next boot is to try to keep the vote focused on Erika next. Getting Erika out next does a lot of things for me in this game. It cuts out the last person on this tribe who I don't trust at all--sorry Erika, but I just don't trust you--it builds trust with Jessica and Taylor because that is what we agreed to when agreeing to vote for Stephanie tonight--it suggests to those on the opposing tribe that there may not actually be a Rhodes vs Crete game playing out here--it gives me a reason not to vote for either Wendell or Bret next round, potentially mending those relationships--and it further decimates original Kameiros, which I *hope* only makes Genie and Ricard more loyal to me and Shirin down the line, especially now that Brad is gone as well. Like, voting out Erika next is a win-win-win-win-win.

I do think I am *something* of a target at this point but I am hopeful that I also might not be. I think that the people who are most likely to target me on this tribe would be Wendell and/or Bret, and maybe Erika. And it just occurred to me that if those 3 somehow swayed Jessica and Taylor to their "side" it *could* be me being targeted next round....Buuuut, I think the far more *likely* thing is that Bret and Wendell are simply going to assume its one or the other leaving at the next council until the last minute when we tell them its Erika instead. 

The only thing that I am thinking in this moment that could change this plan is if somehow Wendell makes himself seem like the bigger threat, and the target becomes him instead. Should this tribe have to vote 3 times in a row, I think Wendell is in trouble, so I *hope* that isn't the case, because again, I *like* Wendell. There is a part of me now that is definitely starting to wonder though if I should consider targeting Wendell next... it's like repair or remove--what is the action to take with Wendell at this point? Do I repair the relationship or remove him from the game? Is he more dangerous to keep in the game with a vendetta? I'm pretty sure he has already implied being with Dom and Jacob so Wendell is now currently a little bit of a wildcard. We'll see how things go from here...   

THANK YOU! I am honestly so...I don't know what the word is....maybe proud?...of winning this individual immunity. Like I visualized it and believed it and I actually achieved it! Maybe there really is something to this vision board thing... 

But seriously, I *thought* I might have a shot at this immunity when I heard it was a word find. I have always thought I was quick at word finds so I guess maybe this proves it? Ricard is clearly quicker but that's exactly what I was expecting more of--times like his. Even with my years of practice using drawing tools like Adobe Illustrator, and definite practice with image uploading on Imgur, and at least 2 vision boards of posting on the Stranded message board I was still convinced that there was no way I was winning this immunity and it was foolish of me to get my hopes up. YES, in the back of my mind I wanted to be safe tonight. Hell at the *front* of my mind I wanted to be safe tonight because again, when I woke up this morning I had no real clue which way the votes were going tonight, to the point where I was starting to think it was probably going to be me. And yes, for as much as I want to be confident and in control of this game, I am equally, if not moreso, aware of my shortcomings and inadequacies, and likely downfalls in this game, so any and all of the Tyler haters can relax. I am a complex human who is both sad, and excited, and proud, and disappointed, and egotistical, and embarrassed all rolled into one. But as long as this is my confessional, I want to be the hero of my own story. Like I want to be realistic and humble, but I also want to be, at least in this space, the mastermind of my game and take ownership for the choices that I have made that have gotten me to where I am now, whether it was flashy or not.

Like, I *know* that this is only the third time that I have gone to tribal council in this game. And I had immunity tonight so I have only technically been eligible to be voted for twice: Rounds 1 and 2. They seem so long ago now don't they? But it's true. The Mike vote was the last time I was even able to receive a vote. So I am blessed truly. But I *have* taken risks as well and I think that volunteering for Gyaros and winning this immunity were risks I didn't *need* to take, but did. So far they have paid off for me--I mean obviously immunity tonight paid off for me, I was immune--my point was more that I don't think I truly *needed* it tonight.

So that gets to the last part of your question, does it help or harm my game? I don't know. Optimistically it helps my game, if it begins to establish me as a player, or a contender even. In a tribal game, I am hopefully an asset. I think Pessimistically it could harm my game certainly now that everyone has some individual to point to and be like -- that guy is challenge strong! We should target him when he isn't immune before he becomes immune again! Obviously I hope that's not the case, but it certainly could be the case for some people. I'm not sure if there is anything I should do about this though. I am downplaying it obviously saying I am very shocked and how could this happen and wow this will never happen again, because I *don't* want to be perceived as a challenge threat. My *hope* is that by the time we are competing individually again, people will have forgotten about how quickly I solved a word find. Fingers crossed...

Cochran liked this

Tyler

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts