--11th Place - Voted out (8)-2-1--
Hope that you've gotten acclimated to this new environment. If it's anything to look forward to, you're almost to the half-way point now in terms of the number of players remaining! Let's get to the questions.
  1. You and the rest of your tribe were safe this round, as a reward for taking the risk and volunteering. However, you find yourselves with 4 new people you never even knew existed until now. Do you regret signing up? Or are you finding your groove on this mixed-game tribe?
  2. You can now see all 40 people on the memory wall, including people who have been eliminated, past and present. 2 people went home tonight on the Crete and Rhodes tribes. How do you react to these people leaving? How much will that affect your game moving forward? (You can also tell who went by seeing the "loser" role)
  3. Tomorrow, 2 tribes are going to tribal council and an additional 2 people will leave. Are you planning to help your tribe win the challenge tomorrow, or are you not against throwing it? Do you have a game plan for the vote is in case you do lose the challenge?
  4. Because you've now had a little bit of time to adjust to your new tribemates, how about some new trust rankings? Where do you see everyone at now? Feel free to give trust rankings to just your tribe, or to the full cast of all 3 tribes if you want!

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Group Group Posts Group
Dean Kowalski" wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:29:34 pm Hope that you've gotten acclimated to this new environment. If it's anything to look forward to, you're almost to the half-way point now in terms of the number of players remaining! Let's get to the questions.
  1. You and the rest of your tribe were safe this round, as a reward for taking the risk and volunteering. However, you find yourselves with 4 new people you never even knew existed until now. Do you regret signing up? Or are you finding your groove on this mixed-game tribe?
  2. You can now see all 40 people on the memory wall, including people who have been eliminated, past and present. 2 people went home tonight on the Crete and Rhodes tribes. How do you react to these people leaving? How much will that affect your game moving forward? (You can also tell who went by seeing the "loser" role)
  3. Tomorrow, 2 tribes are going to tribal council and an additional 2 people will leave. Are you planning to help your tribe win the challenge tomorrow, or are you not against throwing it? Do you have a game plan for the vote is in case you do lose the challenge?
  4. Because you've now had a little bit of time to adjust to your new tribemates, how about some new trust rankings? Where do you see everyone at now? Feel free to give trust rankings to just your tribe, or to the full cast of all 3 tribes if you want!

1. You and the rest of your tribe were safe this round, as a reward for taking the risk and volunteering. However, you find yourselves with 4 new people you never even knew existed until now. Do you regret signing up? Or are you finding your groove on this mixed-game tribe?

Ha! THAT IS THE QUESTION. Seriously though, quick answer is yeah, I regret signing up for this tribe. I would have been way safer on the current Rhodes tribe. Like stupid safe I think. Like I have been all game.

I think I am *very* at risk here on Gyaros and I've become aware that my original tribe's success in this game is getting noticed as well. I did not fully comprehend last night when I was gleefully telling everyone how little of a struggle I have had in Stranded so far that it would quite literally focus the target on myself more than I would like. And Carolyn too. We are both representing Mausolus, perhaps the winningest tribe in the Aegean Sea at this point, and I would have to count the faces, but, there may be more from World's Apart than any other season? Is that true? 

That's not good.

We can *Say* this is a new tribe and there is no history and that we are all friends, but then if that is the case, what do people base their eventual votes off of? Why *NOT* target people from the Survivor Season doing the best atm? I mean, it seems like the most logical and fair thing to do if I was considering it.... fuck!  Just like Survivor to be basking in your tribe's number advantage glory one minute and then to be shrinking from it the next.

That is literally what mode I am in at the moment. I should have done this yesterday and that is distance myself from OG Mausolus while on Gyaros. Like fuck that tribe. I don't want to lie to the point of absurdity, but I am hearing through the grapevine that dirty 30 Worlds Apart is doing too good in this game and that worries people. And that is one thing I am trying to remember about that glory game of 40 I mentioned in my last confessional because if I recall in *that* game I was *always* at a disadvantage with every swap and always going to council and basically always playing from the bottom. But the bottom has certain freedoms that the top doesn't have, and the top isn't always aware when the bottom has a taste for blood. I feel like I was always able to convince people that whoever was in power should be toppled and I was the perfect ally to help accomplish that. Like there was always a bigger fish. I have been so used to being small fish I guess, I forgot to realize how easily I could become a target in this game and I am grateful to Genie for giving me the heads up on that.

Speaking of Genie we checked in for a little bit today and he told me Domenick had told him that he liked the two of us the best which surprises me ZERO because I got the vibe from talking with Dom that he was just like Genie and I and Genie said the same thing. So I am feeling good about a future with Domenick in it, but Genie wants to play it slow and cool. As I mentioned above Genie was the one who gave me the heads up that Jacob had already come to him wanting to work together and apparently pitching him that OG Mausolus is going to be a 7-strong alliance that they need to watch out for. To translate that for anyone not familiar with Survivor, that basically means Jacob is trying to float the idea of joining forces with Genie to target me and Carolyn. Jacob is definitely not making the same offer to me so again, this both checks out and is a good warning that I would neither know about nor have much of a chance of stopping if I did not already have Genie in my corner already. So yay for the Genie alliance paying off already.

I will say it's interesting how coy Genie likes to play things. Maybe I am just revved up from the first few rounds but I am like Genie, we have you, me, Carolyn, and probably Domenick. We need one other vote to basically rule the roost. Let's figure out who that person is and lock it down. We don't have forever haha. I feel like Genie is playing the way I was playing when I first started playing this game, when nobody trusted me because I was too coy to suggest anything or reveal any opinion about anything. And this is exactly why I cannot rely *simply* on Genie to save me in this game. I need to save myself.

So I am making friendships in unlikely places. For as much as I thought Brad was a troll before, I am, dare I say it, starting to warm up to Brad! Like once again we are having what feels to be a real genuine conversation and although I had to do some quick smooth talking in the beginning of our chat tonight to try to downplay OG Mausolus and how many of us are still around and how much more likely I am to be loyal in the future to Brad than Mausolus (ha!), I am starting to actually vibe with Brad. We are talking about Australia and the politics there and his stand up and basically just having like a real conversation I think. Like it feels real and although I have every reason to have my guard up with Brad...and I do...I also need him to FALL IN LOVE WITH ME. 

I could be completely naive of course. He could be laughing about how much he is fooling me, but I honestly think that right now Brad truly likes me and truly thinks we click. And I am starting to think we might truly click as well, which is making me nervous because before Genie signed off tonight I told him that I was very pro voting out Brad and now I'm not so sure! I NEED FRIENDS over here so I am not turning away Brad right now. We have very compatible time zones for chatting all night as well which is good if we trust each other. Gosh, I don't know how legit things are with Brad right now, but my hope is when he speaks to Genie tomorrow, it is to tell him, hey, what do you think about working with Tyler? I think Genie and I WOULD BE WISE to use Brad AND Carolyn at the next vote and if we can also get Dom as well then boom--bye bye Jacob, or Wendell, or Rachel--although hopefully not Rachel because i really like her so far

So yeah, Rachel and I gabbed like SCHOOL GIRLS tonight! It took a minute as we seem to be very different people generally speaking but we found RuPaul's Drag Race to chit chat about and at that point the conversation flowed. Lovely. Love that. Like I think we really bonded over just non-game stuff tonight and I am BEGGING Rachel to join me on this crazy journey because she is just so fucking funny I would love to talk to her for the rest of the game I think. Like I don't know yet if it needs to be a secret thing or what, but I low key *really* like Rachel and I am just going to visualize us being best friends in this game and sending that out into the universe to blossom into a beautiful reality for us. 

Jacob is somebody who is being annoyingly childlike IMO. He is very short with his words and has no enthusiasm. I could tell pretty quickly that all my words and exclamation marks were possibly even rubbing him the wrong way? I am having a hard time communicating with Jacob and he is making me feel uneasy. No, it does not help that he has gone to Genie with an offer of working together while slighting me. He may not be targeting me directly, but I think he is targeting me indirectly and I don't like it. 

Wendell - we chatted briefly today but nothing substantial yet. I need to connect with this guy though. I refuse to let this tribe be the death of me.

Carolyn - babe, if you bothered to socialize with peeps just a little you'd be making it a lot easier for me to deflect votes away from us. I am trying to say whatever I can say to try to save you, but ultimately I am going to have to do whatever I have to do to save myself. I hope you show up tomorrow for the challenge. I hope you kill it. I hope we can avoid council tomorrow because you and me need more time. bad. 

I have come to discover that it was James and JD who left the game tonight. I didn't know either of them but I have heard that James was the ring-leader of the Ghost Island people, so that was quite an unexpected shake-up. The JD vote was surprising, only because what I have learned from Brad was that JD stuck his neck out basically to save Lindsey and Will so for them to turn around and vote him out *does* seem shady boots ngl. We had kinda assumed Erika would be the target if for no other reason than she wasn't JD or Ricard, who may have formed Mausolus connections by now. I wonder what happened...

As for how much it will affect my game moving forward, I think that actually i have no idea at this moment how much either of those people was influencing the game in their own right. It seemed like both were influencing just fine so *that* makes me super nervous as well. Like are people going to target me *before* Carolyn because I'm more active? IT COULD HAPPEN.

You better believe I am going to be planning on helping my tribe win tomorrow. Obviously I have no idea what it could be but yeah, I am for sure going to try to win. If we do, I'll have more time to integrate with this tribe and I think I am going to need that time...I mean, I think I am doing ok personally on the tribe, and if it's gotta be Carolyn, it's gotta be Carolyn tomorrow. But it *does* make me nervous that I will be targeted next after her if she goes. I *hope* that people will like and trust me too much to do it even if she does, but losing Carolyn now would literally put me at the most vulnerable part of my game, and again that's assuming people are *actually* targeting Carolyn and not me. I mean, I don't *think* it's me...not yet...but it also very well *could* be me. So I am definitely feeling vulnerable right now! At least I have been doing a helluva lot more chatting and bonding with this tribe than Carolyn. And I am going to do everything I know how to do to avoid being the target. We are losing two more people tomorrow and that puts at what 20 remaining? We could get shuffled all over again for all we know...

That said, there is some talk at this very moment between Brad and Domenick and I about the vote. Basically Domenick has voiced wanting Carolyn out. Brad shared that with me and then Dom asked me himself and I told them basically the same thing. The truth. Carolyn is barely around, yes, but if we need her, she a potential vote and depending on who you are you should be considering that very seriously right now! There is a very delicate 4-4 balance between Rhodes peeps and Crete peeps, so I want to *gently* steer Rhodes peeps like Brad and Genie away from voting out a potential ally like Carolyn. At least not until we already have the upper-hand without her. Like I am straight up telling Brad right now that if we vote out Carolyn we have NO guarantee that the Crete people aren't going to then pick us off one by one after this. And I mean m arguments are making sense to ME and I think they are making sense to Brad too...but I could also be digging my own hole. Hard to say rn. I did offer Jacob or Wendell to Brad and asked if either were an option to vote out, to which he replied that in his mind it would be up to Rachel to decide and I said basically, fuck yeah! I would be down to vote for either of those two if Rachel had a preference. Yes, Brad could use all of this against me at some point I guess. I am just leaning into trust though. I think Brad wants a new friend and a new ally in this game and I think he wants to trust me. I don't think he will ever forget I am an OG Mauso, but for now I think I am hammering in the point that those old tribes don't matter right now. What matters is figuring out how we survive Gyaros. And I think he is liking and/or trusting me enough to consider what I am saying...at least I hope so.

GYAROS

1. Genie - I mean, duh
2. Carolyn - look, we've been on the same tribe from the beginning. How can I not believe that I have some influence over her vote? I don't know if the things I am saying are making me more or less trustworthy, but the best play for me is to figure out a way to save Carolyn and maintain a Rhodes majority. I think the more it sinks in that it is a Rhodes vs Crete game more than it is a tribal game, the more I think I have a shot of convincing Brad and Genie to fight harder to keep Carolyn and at the same time, me. Throw us both away and where does that leave you?
3. Brad - does this even make sense? But after tonight my trust in Brad has increased *a lot*, like even potentially over Dom. 
4. Domenick - very close in trust level to Brad atm. I think I am personally good with Dom, but Carolyn is his target and I want his target to be someone else who isn't Carolyn or me. 
5. Rachel - Also very close in trust level to Dom, Rachel could jump in the ranking by tomorrow if she plays her cards right. If I play my cards right. If we all play our cards right. She could be literally driving the vote if she feels like turning on her old Crete peeps...
6. Wendell - I don't really know him at all yet. Pleasant so far. But I'd vote him out now if I had to. 
7. Jacob - just in terms of recent developments, Jacob has been eyeing OG Mausolus people as potential targets and that makes me want Jacob out. If there is some way I can actually pull off getting Jacob out at our first council I think I would feel a *lot* safer on this tribe.  

BOTH RHODES + GYAROS

1. Shirin - as much as I want to trust Genie, I think Shirin has my back.
2. Genie - I think Genie has my back as much as Shirin. At least for now. I'm not naive to the notion that Genie might turn on me at some point in this game, but for not it makes all the sense for Genie and I to capitalize on the good relationship we have in this game. 
3. Will - I mean, it's been awhile since I've seen Will. The 5 minutes or so we had when we merged to be like OMG I MISSED YOU OMG were great but we all know I ended up here and he remains on the Rhodes tribe. Which is great for him because now that he is back with Shirin and a majority of Mausos, he should be safe for the next few rounds. 
4. Carolyn - if Carolyn and I both survive this tribe and reunite with Shirin and Will I think the Oddballs alliance would still be a thing so I have to put Carolyn here although if you've been paying any attention at all, this trust is tenuous at best...
5. Ricard - this may be a little high, but I had an alliance I formed with Ricard, Genie, and Shirin, right before we merge-swapped. I can't say the same for the people ranked lower.
6. Hali - this is kind of a tough call right now because I don't have anything official with Hali other than a potential grudge, but our relationship seemed to be getting stronger while we were both on Kameiros 2.0 and we were never forced to vote so I never had to reveal my hand. I think she will be surprised to see someday what I was up to over there. Still, if it is between Hali and Brad for the 5th spot I have to go with Hali right now. The devil you know right? Besides, I don't *think* Hali is as scheme-y as I think Brad might be
7. Brad - I still feel weird about this placement, but tonight was a good night for Brad in terms of building trust with me...its shaky for sure but lets go with it for tonight
8. Dom - It shouldn't make sense for Dom to be below Brad, but at the moment, I feel like Dom is very aware of what is at stake if he votes for someone that is OG Crete. I think he is using Carolyn as an excuse to gain the majority, and at that point maybe he will play it like I did last round, where he's more willing to branch out because he knows he has the upper hand. But that's just it. I don't want to give up Carolyn and leave me, or Genie or Brad, but most importantly ME, in an even more vulnerable position than we already are.
9. Rachel - I like Rachel at this point more than Lindsey. More than Rodney. I really *hope* she likes me back just as much because I could really use her in this game and as I mentioned before I also really like her!
10. Lindsey - The devil you know. I don't trust Lindsey really, but I also was starting to bond with her before we got separated from OG Mauso. I think we have the OG Mauso thing working for us and if we were both on the Rhodes tribe I suspect we'd be getting along similarly to how we left it at OG Mausolus--cautiously, but optimistic?
11. Wendell - I don't even know him and I trust him more than Rodney
12. Rodney - Ok so I don't know if this is actually true but I might have officially spoken more to Wendell at this point than Rodney this whole game. Still at least Rodney has never once voiced anything to make me think I was his target, so he's ahead of Jacob
13. Jacob - I still don't know him, and if we don't vote right away who knows, maybe the trust level shifts, but what I know today is he is at least thinking of targeting OG Mausos if not actively doing so. And even if I'm not first, I'm second. 
14. Erika - the only person I haven't met yet of this group. She could be amazing. I have no idea.

omg its 4am. STRANDED!

Tyler

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts