--10th Place - Voted out 6-4--
And... this is the merge you've all been waiting for! Hope tonight's tribal was a good show of what this endgame can do to you.
  1. What was your reaction to tribal council, and to how much votes were given out to Tyler and Jessica? How do you go about this after Jessica left?
  2. How are you moving forward? Is your trust in anyone shattered, or have you found a strong group to be a part of? Are you going solo?
  3. Where do you think the balance of power is on the tribe right now?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Group Group Group Posts
So this is awkward.

I mean, it's great for my game because what I wanted to happen actually happened. Jessica is gone, Tyler is still here, and it sounds like the former Crete players are panicking because, on paper, the old Rhodes game has the majority.

But it's awkward because there are people I'm really interested in working with - namely Jacob and Jay - who I just blindsided. For the second time in three votes.

I feel justified in what happened because of how strong the reaction was to Jessica. Like, our side had it right - Jessica was definitely connected to a lot of people. Apparently she's an emotional player who wanted to play with her heart... and that's never good to hear when you're not ingrained with someone at the beginning. I also didn't know this until Jacob mentioned it at Tribal Council, but apparently Bret, Taylor, Jessica, Jay, and Rachel ALL began on the same starting tribe. And we were just supposed to leave that potential group of five in the game (or four minus Rachel)? No fucking way.

But I still value my position of being a guy in the middle - so I tried to explain what happened after to Jacob and Jay, because I think I (or we - Genie, Erika, and myself) will need them down the line to get some other people (namely Tyler) out. Understandably, they were upset. I feel terrible because I really like Jacob as a person, and you could tell he was really shocked that Jessica was the one sent home... but I have to keep reminding myself that he was shocked because he was close to her, and this was a good game move. Listen, if a group of people blindsided Genie out of the game tomorrow, I would be BEYOND upset. And once I think about it that way, I know it was a good move to knock out Jessica.

But now my guard is up, because I know the movement in the game is going to begin. You have five people who just discovered they're on the bottom, and they're all going to find a way to not be on the bottom. You've got eight people who voted together once, but might not agree on the next target. I'm just trying to survive here, so I really have to keep my ear to the ground to see where allegiances are shifting, and who wants to do what next.

So now the hunt begins for the idol, because I feel like that's going to be my only way to guarantee safety for the next few rounds here.

Rachel gave me this clue:

So the "lyric deity" is Apollo, and the woman who "bore" him is Leto, so I'm thinking the idol has to have something to do with a temple to Leto. I've tried a lot of things I can find online - bout Lycia, about the temples dedicated to her, etc. - and so far, no dice. So I'm hoping I can sleep on it and magically something will come to me tomorrow morning, because I really, really, really want to find this idol.
Loveita Adams liked this

Ricard

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
Also, Wendell is handling this surprisingly well. He's trying to laugh it off as if it was no big deal to him:
Wendell: hey man
Wendell: no hard feelings
Wendell: i did not expect us to work together on the first ever vote, it makes sense to not be trusting with new people
Wendell: i hope that me being honest about the vote did show you what type of player I am
Ricard: It did - and I’m sorry I was dishonest
Ricard: But Jess wasn’t even trying to talk to me
Ricard: I felt like she must have been comfortable with the way things are
Wendell: lmao ricard jess didnt even talk to me too 😂
Wendell: i was more than happy to see her go and she was the bottom of my trust rankings on that tribe
Wendell: but i didnt have a way to vote her out without burning half the tribe before a merge
Wendell: so yeah i get i was pegged with her but she blindsided me the stephanie vote, completely unnecessarily, didn't really apologized or acknowledged me being upset, was about to vote Erika out after telling me she wants Carolyn and I pushed it for her knowing if Erika goes Im next. But missed the vote and then Erika spilled on the other 4 enough to convince her. And then we still needed her to have numbers to vote the person she wanted (Hali) without really listening to our opinon. She was very emotional and unreliable player and I would have been so on board had I knew. But its okay you didn't know all that so I don't blame you. Some people did tho and still chose to blindside me so Im a bit upset but we're fine as far as I'm concerned
Ricard: I get that
Ricard: I mean clearly people liked her
Ricard: But it sounds like your game is better off without her here, too lmao
Wendell: it def was
Wendell: i just don't want to be pegged to a minority group when it was my best interest as well lol
Wendell:  leaving me out wasn't my choice and i don't plan to "avenge" jessica or anything lol
Wendell playing this off as if it's no big deal, and it's a help to his game anyway... he's got a really strong social game, and it's showing right now. And I feel like he needs to go home ASAP because of it.

Ricard

• Jury
Y'all I am starting to get nervous.

If I were one of Taylor, Bret, Jacob, Jay, or Wendell - I'd be scrambling. I'd be looking for an in. I'd be trying to figure out how is it not one of us next.

And guess what none of them have done today (to me)? Scramble.

So that tells me they're looking to someone else for help. I did talk with Jay last night about maybe voting off Tyler. I don't know how into that idea I am... but I want to keep my options open. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way that my "side" can get blindsided, but I don't go home... or like any of the people that I really, really like. So basically if somehow Tyler could get blindsided, but I'm not involved, so then I lock in Shirin as a really close ally. Does that make sense? I don't know how to do that, I'm just spitballing things right now.

Also this is how I imagine Rachel in her confessional now after she flipped the game:

ImageImageImage

Ricard

• Jury