--13th Place - Voted out 9-4--
(Some of) You guys know the drill by now. Let's get into it, leave out no details.
  1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?
  2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.
  3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?
  4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?
  5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Group Group Group Group
1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?

I’m thrillllllllllled with my position in the ranking and also with the general rankings/outcome at TC tonight because I think it’s going to throw the other team into a tailspin.

So firstly, near the top of the pack which is solid for my standings with everyone overall, but also not #1 as the biggest threat of the tribe which, beautiful. BUT because Dom was sent home, I think that everyone over there might think the bottom of the pack has united against the top of the pack? Or at least I’m hoping. Tyler knew I loved Dom and he’ll probably be surprised about tonight’s vote results considering me/Jacob/Dom were all together with him and now one of the top 3 has been ousted. My HOPE is that he reveals this and makes it seem like there’s this united front of the people at the bottom who are trying to overturn the social hierarchy at the top which opens up some line of dialogue for people I haven't met to maybe think I'm in trouble and approach me/open up to me which I can use to my advantage. Basically, I feel like my position in this tribe might have been obfuscated by the ranking and the vote result so I don't think I'll be entering as big of a threat as I had previously thought I was.

And I mean, I’m sorry, but they’re making their power structure all too obvious over there. Like seeing this:

After the Carolyn/Hali boots? Gee I Wonder What Is Happening. It Is A Mystery. Also, slight vindication for me because I knew that Tyler was not leading an army so FACTS and LOGIC win again, but I digress. Anyways, we assume one of Tyler/Shirin dies next and then we merge after tomorrow night? Whoever survives we pick up. And go after those at the top. Done deal.

Also, this only furthers my alarm bells about Erika because there’s legitimately no way she should be at the top imo but girl’s a hustler and I been knew so there’s that.

2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.

Honestly my social game? Like, I knooooooooow I’ve just been a scumbag all week long but I feel like I’ve managed to get into this position where I can just instantly charm my way into people’s graces and get in good from the get go? Like, in Kameiros people wanted me in with them despite the fact that it was a shitshow over there and I just felt like I needed to keep my head above water all the time. Then, I get swapfucked, but through sheer force of positivity and being personable (Easiest way to social game: ask people follow up questions about things they mention. People love talking about themselves as a general rule of thumb.) I probably would have survived *and* dragged my fellow swapfucked friend along with me. Then we get to Gyaros and I’m in the clear again, and now on nu-nu-Mausolos I’ve found myself with literally everyone needing me to vote with them just through strength of conversation. Normally I’m really sheepish about complementing things I do well in a game but I’m really fucking working it over here. OFC, the risk is that everyone over there knows it and whoever doesn’t die tomorrow night (if anyone) puts the hit out on me. Yiiiiiikes.

This actually brings up something that IDK if I brought up in my confesh yet but in case y’all were curious about my overall approach to this game it’s this:

Fucking queen. If only I were 1/100th of the player she was. <3

But, reflecting on tonight I also know that I can overdo it too. Like, I had to really mist Dom/Jacob/Jay and I did a really good job at it, but eventually you have to pull back the curtains, show your hand, and then handle the fallout. I think I’m doing okay here, but I need to make sure I don’t come across as overly fake or anything with how I handle Jay/Jacob because then that’s not good for me if we do have to turf one of them and then one of them swaps over. 

3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?

Strongest: Social. See above.

Weakest: Strategic. I know I think round to round, and it’s how my mind works. I'm so bad at long-term vision and I always have been, so I need to figure that out stat. Also, the whole “betraying people causing my anxiety to flare up and send me into a semi-catatonic state” is, mmmmmm, not the most helpful for trying to plan things out for down the line when I have to think about pulling one over on someone I like. My heart beat was fucking soooooooaring from when we lost immunity to like, an hour and a half after the votes were read. Thank god for Lexapro to help keep anxiety in check, amirite ladies?

4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?

Um TBH Bradley proooooobably has overstayed his welcome and none of Dom/Jacob/Jay lied about that lmfao. <3 But he’s sweet and kinda adorkable so I’ll allow it. Sometimes you just need a little pocket nerd who you root for to do well in their tennis match and then tell who to vote for. Love a good Alpha Woman/Beta Male. (Although Lindsey’s probably his true Alpha and I’m going to need to figure out when to cut her because she’s WINNING if she makes it to the end.)

As for early? Hali for sure because we woulda made a hot trio with Lindsey. Honestly, Carolyn too even though she was so busy but her just being like “wtf I’m too high for this” at everything that went down was never not funny and we could use a perspective like that lmfao. <3 Also, I still think Tiffany was the purest soul in all of Rhodes (even if we never aligned as much as I would’ve liked) and I was devastated when I saw she got turfed.

5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

So, tonight’s the first night that I really got blood on my hands. I mean, I guess Naseer and Sydney could count as well from way back when but both of those votes were fucking messes and came together last seconds I don’t view them as good control samples. Tonight was the first night where I played a part in deceiving someone that I genuinely liked and taking them out for my own benefit (and Dom, all those dislikes on my posts are very much deserved and I do not fault you for them lmfao). Honestly, the first blindside’s always the hardest so now that I’ve ripped that bandaid off I’m hoping more of the strategic acumen can start filtering into my brain and I can start pulling off some more shit in the near future. Basically I just have to remember this: Be social but not at the very top, be open to a point but keep the rest to your chest, and trust your gut and not your heart.

Genie

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts