--12th Place - Voted out 5-(5)-1-1--
(Some of) You guys know the drill by now. Let's get into it, leave out no details.
  1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?
  2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.
  3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?
  4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?
  5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Posts Group Group Group
Q: Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?

A: Not shocked at all with the results, but not the challenge I wanted to see last night. It was good to see that I'm considered important among my tribe, but it also puts this massive target on my back.  I'm glad that the tribe ranked to win and didn't get too strategic, or we could have ended up like Maus. I did get a LITTLE strategic in my choices. I put Erika at #1 because I needed to make sure she wasn't 5 and then in my personal ranking I put Bret at 3 and Erika at 4, to ensure that Bret wasn't feeling left out.  And of course, I put myself at the bottom as I'm sure most people did for themselves, but realllly aiming to minimize the target on my back.

And then when Jess finished 5th, I gave her the clue to feel the love and not want to defect. I hope this was enough strategic thinking to get me past tonight.  But Tyler has a ton of ammunition and another day to get his plan in action. Erika already said he's working hard right now!
Cochran liked this

Taylor

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Posts
Q: What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.

A: JUST ONE!? There are so many, but if I can only select 1, I'm going with the James blindside.  That night I felt super defeated, didn't seem like there was a move where Jay, Jess and I were all going to survive. Wendell delivers the expiring idol to Jay and there's new life. Jay and I are debating if we should play it on me or Jess right as James comes to each of us with a blindside on Stephanie. Jay and I weighing out our options decide it's better if we go to Stephanie with James' plan, use the idol on her and remove James from the game instead - leaving Morgan and Bradley out of the loop and Jay and I with a relationship with Stephanie and Bret.  The vote went perfectly, idol cancelled 3 votes on Stephanie, we split the vote on Morgan and James and in the revote we unanimously vote out James. James you were a beast from what I heard, I'm sure we could have done something with that 6-person alliance, but we had to look at the long game.

Honourable mentions:
  • Friendship with Jay
  • Friendship with Jess
  • Friendship with Wendell
  • Two-vote plan to break up MAUS-4 (Stephanie than MAUS-4)
Cochran, John liked this

Taylor

• Jury
Q: Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?

A: Great question.
Strongest: Social game. Weakest: Strategic game.

I thought about this since last night, I feel like I'm doing pretty good across the board right now, but I'm using this based on what I think others perceive me as AND where I can improve.

Social game is my jam, I don't even know why, I just make sure to ask people questions and am genuinely interested in knowing AND it's a lot harder to vote that friend out (for some people).  Based on the rankings last night, you can see that the social hustle has paid off. BUT, that challenge also exposes that I'm like this with everyone and now I need to work harder to make sure everyone still considers our relationship unique.  Same could be said about Wendell, he beat me, which means he's social hustling as much as I am.

Strategic game, albeit good, is sometimes sloppy I guess. I feel like Sandra in many ways, because I will turn on an important ally if the numbers add up and it could improve my standing with the tribe - as long as it ain't me. But when doing this, it could come across as disloyal. Also, when you're friendly with EVERYONE in the game, as much as they don't want to vote you out, your vote ends up speaking all the truths. I'm friendly with Tyler, but how many times can I apologize for lying to him before he votes me off?  So yeah, I could work on my strategic game I guess.  Will I? Probably not haha.

In reality, Physical might be the weakest, but I was an early target because of the puzzle and the the crossword time was really good, so people will fixate on that and not on the fact that I sucked at the art of deduction haha.

Taylor

• Jury
Q: Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?

A: Oh dear, I wanna know how many people say me here lol.

Overstayed: Bradley? He was never really around when I was on Lato, other than to pop on to say he was playing tennis, he really was just a vote for James and Morgan and he's still playing.  Don't get me wrong, if I make it to merge with Bradley, I'll be checking in on alllll his Tennis matches :)

Too early: A lot, but I'm going with Morgan! She was so much fun to talk to and I bet would have been a blast to play the game with, just on the wrong side of the game unfortunately. Honourable mentions: Hali, CeCe and Michelle. But Morgan for sure deserved jury.
Morgan liked this

Taylor

• Jury
Q: How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

A: This is a weird one! I never met Domenick, of all the remaining Crete players, he was the only one at the fake merge that I hadn't met yet. BUT, based on our crossed paths, we were intended to be allies in some form. So losing Domenick is a blow for sure. Wendell is super bummed and all we can think of, is an idol must have been played (the title of this episode gives that away as well).  Domenick was also ranked top of the tribe last night and was taken out, so that scares the life out of Wendell and I.

But, we move forward. As much as I'm not sure what's happening on the other side, Immunity tonight is so important. The rumour is the merge is nigh and that's been my goal this entire game and I swear to all that is holy and whatever you believe in, if there's another 40-player game going on right now.

Taylor

• Jury