--12th Place - Voted out 5-(5)-1-1--
Welcome to the swap! And to the weekend, having a good 2 day break. Try not to take too much time off though, talk to your new tribemates as much as you can. Also, be sure to check out the board tomorrow for further news about the individual immunity challenge that is non-live!
  1. Tell us of your first impressions of the new tribe. Who do you hate, who do you like, who do you wish swapped with you, who do you wish didn't swap with you, etc. Give us the lowdown. Do you like this tribe better than the one you were just on, or not? How do you see your position on this new tribe?
  2. This past week, there was a game merge followed by a swap after just two rounds, meeting people you've only just met. With the weekend coming around, do you think things will stabilize in time for Sunday?
  3. To be blunt, what's your new short term and long term strategy?
  4. How did your old tribe do during last challenge? Was there anything you would have done differently?
  5. Jeff revealed that on Sunday, you will start to receive new idol clues for your new tribes. Are you going to jump on that opportunity to search for the idol right away, or not? Would you work on it solo, or do you plan to work on it with anyone else? Are you worried of other idols in play currently?
  6. How do you feel about Sunday being the final double Tribal Council of the season? Is there anyone on your tribe that you'd be okay with voting out?
  7. Have you played Cars 2 on PSP?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Posts Group Group Group
I'm going to tackle this one and answer the rest when I've had a chance to talk to everyone!

Q: How did your old tribe do during last challenge? Was there anything you would have done differently?

A: We were the only tribe to not figure out how to execute this challenge from the get-go. I literally said that we should post the number in the forum and then update the chat, super simple. But no, my tribe was a bunch of idiots. They couldn't do this quick enough. I had the Chat Room popped out and 2 other tabs, 1 with the forum and 1 to post my next number. I refreshed the forum faster than my tribemates were saying they were done. I was posting immediately after Morgan before the other tribe just trying my best to get us caught up.

I think Jay should have competed, not sure why he offered to sit. Maybe he didn't want to be a challenge threat?

The only thing I could have done different is better teach these idiots how to count and how to communicate.

I'm a little frustrated... even Jacob figured it out haha

Taylor

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Posts
First reaction to the swap.

Sad to be separated from my boy Jay, but happy to have Jess and so happy I engaged in the Beyonce's Basement alliance with Stephanie, Bret and Jay and followed through with my vote on Morgan. Being with Stephanie and Bret, who as you all know, are not high on my trust rankings, I can fake this bond through a few more votes... I HOPE. And excited to be with Wendell, he gifted the idol to Jay and hopefully that bond extends to me still.

Now I have 5 newbs to meet... at the freakin' HALFWAY point and it's only Top 20. This is getting exhausting, I thought I was done faking these intros.  So, time to meet Tyler, Shirin, Erika, Hali and Carolyn. Based on OG tribes, concerned to see that there are 4 World's Apartsers on this tribe. But you can't guarantee they're together, Rodney was just voted out.

Based on OG lines, we have 4 x Worlds Apart, 3 x Millennials vs. Gen X, 2 x Ghost Island and 1 x 41

So many things could happen here and the Crete side is NOT voting down tribal lines... hell, I haven't even voted with Jess the last two votes :crine:
Catalie, James Zinkand liked this

Taylor

• Jury
Short thoughts on the newbs before I pass out.

TYLER - love him already, but lets be real, I've voted off a few people I've loved. But it's a great start so far!

ERIKA - why is she giving me such sketchy vibes?! Erika is the FIRST character I've met that when they speak, I don't hear Erika. Literally every other character has taken on their alias in MY head, but Erika just doesn't give me good vibes. We'll see how this goes. Most people I don't like I end up having to work with, because this game is chaos.

The other 3 newbs haven't really been around yet.

Taylor

• Jury
Q: Tell us of your first impressions of the new tribe. Who do you hate, who do you like, who do you wish swapped with you, who do you wish didn't swap with you, etc. Give us the lowdown. Do you like this tribe better than the one you were just on, or not? How do you see your position on this new tribe?

A: Shockingly, I miss the old Crete tribe! I walked into that tribe of 8 on the "outtah" and left with some good relationships. NOW, it's anyones game. The Rhodes folks aren't talking ANY game and in their defence, I'm not talking either. Erika and I chatted a bit, but it was all surface level and I was kind of expecting her to be the player willing to jump to us right away, as the only 41 player left.  Tyler has been the only Rhodes player that I've been able to talk to and the conversation is fluid and fun, I really like him and hope that it could be a possible in, but Tyler is very social and I'm sure he's connecting with everyone. Dangerous, but my kind of player apparently haha.  Carolyn, Hali and Shirin are just meh right now, no substance with me.

I think I've managed to mend the fence with Stephanie and Bret, we've been on good terms and I think really great terms with Wendell, he's close to Stephanie so I think this can be good for my game. The wild card right now is Jess. She and I are solid, but I don't know if she'll be able to trust Stephanie or Bret, so I'm hoping either A) she can set that aside and work with them or B) have created some good bonds with Rhodes that I can get in with.

I'm feeling pretty good with how I've played this game so far, I like to sprinkle in my ideas with these people, without it coming across as I'm not willing to change and I'm just nimble enough to be getting in power positions. Tonights vote will be very interesting, just because everyone is holding their cards so close and I think it'll be interesting to see how the strategizing goes after Immunity!

I do wish I had Jay by my side, but separating with Jay could be good, if we can connect later, we should be in a more powerful position!

Here are my trust rankings after a couple days trying to chat with the new members of Zakros:

Taylor

• Jury
I'll get to the other questions later I hope, I have to head out, I'm going to watch Canada vs. Jamaica in the FIFA World Cup Qualifying game and if Canada draws or wins, they'll qualify for the first World Cup since 1986!!!! I'm so pumped!!

Also, that challenge was fun, but I don't feel like I was fast enough :(
I even tried preparing all my screens open and I just don't see 11 mins winning this :|

Anyway... I'll be back :)

Taylor

• Jury
Ok, I apologize for not getting to all the questions, but shits gonna get intense.

I'm now in a 5-person alliance named apple with Tyler, Jess, Hali and Shirin. 5-person alliances at this stage are really great news.

However, they want to vote out Stephanie and then Erika.

This is a problem, because I'm also in an alliance with Wendell, Stephanie and Bret. Which means I'm aligned with 7 of 9 possible people and well... that means someone is going to be pissed off and I need to figure out how to play this.

Taylor

• Jury
No whispers tonight is super suspicious.

Bret switching the vote to Hali (instead of Carolyn) at the last moment and thinking he has the votes is also suspicious.

I hope Wendell is appreciative of the info I shared with him and we can move forward with the Rhodes folks OR we may be able to get Erika, Jess and Bret together to vote out Tyler/Hali?

So many options after this vote, as long as I'm still around and didn't screw it up by going to Wendell with the information.

Taylor

• Jury