--9th Place - Voted out 5-4--
By Susie Smith
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Group
woooooaaahhhhhhhh Top 10!! You've come so far and we're in the home stretch. What a doozy of a tribal! Please share your thoughts with us.

1. An idol was played for someone else yet again tonight. How did you feel about the move? How will Tyler joining the jury affect your game moving forward?

2. 30 down, 9 to go! What's your plan to get to the end?

3. As you know, an OG Crete or Rhodes player will receive the $200 prize as the winner of Stranded in the Aegean Sea and the last player standing from the game the winner was not in will receive $100. How has this affected your gameplay so far and/or will it affect your approach to the game moving forward?

4. What's the biggest non-gameplay related mistake you've made so far, since the game started. Have you accidentally deleted an entire confessional post? Left the slider on the webcam closed and had to redo your video?

5. How's your game energy level? Is the stress getting to you or do you find it exhilarating?

6. You found the idol AND got immunity!! Amazing! Did you consider using your idol on anyone, or giving your immunity away? Any concerns that so many wins will put a target on you?

Susie Smith

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Group
By Rachel
1. I knew the idol was coming. I saw Ricard ask me to switch to Tyler last minute but pretended I didn't see it because I have a good relationship with Tyler and didn't want to have a vote sending him to the jury. I doubt I'm like his FAVORITE to vote in the end but he's somebody I could have in my corner and I would rather him go at the hand of others, even if I obviously could have done more to save him. I honestly don't really know why they wanted to vote Tyler over Jay? Like... I guess his challenge ability makes him harder to target in the future but they were framing it as being scared of the idol but how scared can they be if THEY HAVE IT. They also brought Jay's name up so I would imagine they would be worried about him wanting to get them back but.. work! I think Lindsey and Ricard are still in trouble and it just delays things by a round so it was kind of a waste by Ricard? But like... I think it's good for me in general. I was called out a little bit but I think Lindsey and Ricard are definitely the big bads right now and then when they're dealt with attention will kind of shift to Wendell/Jay as being like the big threats still alive. I want Will out somewhere in that and maybe Jacob? But we'll take each day as it comes.

2. Oh I just kind of started outlining it, I think an ideal boot path to the end is like...
F10: Lindsey
F9: Will
F8: Jay
F7: Jacob
F6: Erika
F5: Wendell
F4: Ricard?

With a F3 of Shirin and Bret. I think leaving Wendell in is beneficial and even Jay could go later honestly, I think I might want Erika earlier than that because she's just such a question mark for me.

3. Yeah I mean, it doesn't really change anything about how I approach things. I'm playing to have the best shot of winning regardless and I'm not going to just like... tank those odds to try and get the consolation prize. I'm sure some people will though, and when it's down to like 2 Cretes or 2 Rhodes left I think things will get really spicy with them trying to target one another, it could be fun times.

4. I don't know? Getting myself locked out of Imgur somehow? Though I don't really know what I DID, if anybody has suggestions for fixing that.

5. I mean it's tiring! Having to worry about this every night when there is already a lot going on. I don't think the stress of the gameplay itself is like too much to handle or anything, just the commitment involved of having it always be on the mind going on 4 weeks and never really getting a chance to breathe and just forget about it all and focus on other things. Even on the weekend you worry that everybody is here scheming and plotting and you don't want to miss out on it. A bit of both I suppose!

6. I did! And fuck no lol, playing idols on other people is like GENERALLY dumb I think. Not always there are cases where it's the right thing to do, if it is like a deadlock 5-5 and then you can turn it into a 5-4 going forward or something. But to idol an ally when you're clearly in the vast minority and will continue to be in the same spot the next round? Waste. I don't really think I'll need it for the next few rounds honestly, I guess I'll just try to idol out like an Erika or Jacob or something that needs to go but might be hard to get the numbers on in a few rounds, we'll see though. Winning all the challenges COULD be concerning to some! It's truar. I think that's more an issue people will starting bringing up as things progress a bit further onwards, like it could definitely be a thing come like F7 or F6 when people are trying to solidify their endgame plans.
Dean Kowalski, Catalie liked this

Rachel

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Rachel
the like lamest argument in ORGs and survivor is coming out tonight when people start claiming 'nobody here wants to play the game!' when people don't want to work with them

like why would anybody want to work with lindsey she has blindsided everybody in the cast? and flips every round? playing the game IS voting her out

i probably won't though, if they want to do a shirin vote it might not ACTUALLY be bad? maybe it is, i have to think on it a little bit more. she does deserve to go and is super lame but she might be one of the only shots i have at winning in the end. i guess the ISSUE is that i don't know if i could get to the end with her because i don't know what her basis for making decisions is because she doesnt talk to me. she might just be willing to walk to the end with 'threats' thinking that she has lost anyways. this is why playing from a non threatening position SUCKS bc you have to deal with this dumb shit!!
Dean Kowalski liked this

Rachel

• Jury
By Rachel

i mean... she can hardly be upset at it all then??? like... yeah! you nailed it!

i think they're just going to vote her out, i don't trust erika and will are actually going to vote shirin. i'll probably vote with them in what i'm presuming is a minority just for the show of it all, she'll be pissy at me if i don't and it doesn't matter anyways. like if i vote her it's not like i all the sudden jump up in ranks with the other side it doesn't... really affect anything there.

Rachel

• Jury
By Rachel
naw it doesn't work on other browsers either (or my phone), i've done all the easy fixes and tried changing dns settings and such.

if i NEED to see something on imgur i can use opera's VPN and then it works (or any vpn, i guess), it's like network related in some way. i sent a message to support and hopefully they get back to me sooner or later because imgur is kind of foundational to modern internetting!!

Rachel

• Jury
By Rachel
actually yes, but thank u nonetheless

i think they might vote me out tonight honestly, which you might say "IDOL THEN" but...

so in orgs there is the goal to WIN and to MAKE IT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. and the latter is lame, besides like making jury which obviously is fun. but like... the difference between getting 4th and 10th is quite negligible in MY EYES. even moreso 9th and 10th.

my point is, if i have to idol this round i'm kind of fucked regardless? if i KNOW i was going i think it'd be worth it to play, but just on an off feeling i think it's a bad call. but we'll see how the next hour goes wont weeee

Rachel

• Jury