--9th Place - Voted out 5-4--
Still got more than half a week to go until the next break! Let's see if you can still maintain your sanity by the end of it all.
  1. Talk of idols and idol clues have been a thing for a couple days now. Do you see yourself getting close to the answer yet? Do you think it's been found already or not? Who, besides yourself, would you be okay with finding the idol, and who do you NOT want to get the idol?
  2. We are now at F17. How much has the game changed for you since F17 in Stranded in the Aegean Sea, versus your place at F17 in Stranded in Crete/Rhodes?
  3. Let's talk alliances. Are you in any right now? If you're part of multiple, how loyal are you to them? Are you worried about anyone else being part of an alliance? What do you hope to gain by being in them?
  4. Who on your tribe right now is likely safe from the next tribal council or two? Who do you think is in hot water and likely to be voted out? What about your own danger level?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Posts Group Group Group
ok not to be cocky but i think... i'm good.

like i think any danger i might have been in before is now out the window and i'm in one of the safest spots on this tribe? lindsey is really all in her feels and like to be fair she is RIGHT about what she's saying and i do agree, but is that also really good for my game... yes. (she's basically saying she thinks dom and by association those connected to him are overbearing and controlling which like... yeah)

also ricard proposed a group with us and genie. i told genie i wasn't connecting that well with ricard to try and say something like... spicy, show my trust in her because i know she likes him and he was INSTANTLY in my dms so i think she obviously told him lol. i'm fine with this though, it gets him talking to me and if he's putting in this effort i think its a sign that they don't want to just drop me at the next point of contention.

Rachel

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
Talk of idols and idol clues have been a thing for a couple days now. Do you see yourself getting close to the answer yet? Do you think it's been found already or not? Who, besides yourself, would you be okay with finding the idol, and who do you NOT want to get the idol?

So I have *checks* ZERO idol clues, so it hasn't been smooth sailing! I tried making some random blind guesses on some relevant wiki pages but obviously am not really expecting much from that given how specific past clues have been. I think that it very well could have been found here, I know a lot of people have been looking as Will so kindly told me he had to LEAVE TO GO LOOK FOR THE IDOL. Jacob was also sitting online until like 2am, probably not talking to anybody because like... that's kind of his MO which gives him a bunch of time to look. I wouldn't really love any of the Crete boys to find it, I think things are starting to look like it will turn on them which I'll touch on in a bit. I am kind of OKAY with not getting any clues so there won't be idol paranoia surrounding me at the very least.

We are now at F17. How much has the game changed for you since F17 in Stranded in the Aegean Sea, versus your place at F17 in Stranded in Crete/Rhodes?

Well I was kind of MISERABLE back in Crete because they had just blindsided one of the funner people in the game and then treated me like I was insane for being upset about it and then forced me into a Paul vote SO anything is really up from that! I will say I feel... good right now. I think I put in a lot of work today and it's being paying off very visibly. Jay is just now telling me that Dom made headway with Lindsey and wants me to stay so I'm safe? But honestly fuck Jay him and Dom have their heads way, way up their assholes and I think... they're going to regret it soon LMAO. Ricard talked about an alliance with Genie and I, and Lindsey is now talking about blindsiding Dom and also wants to help me connect with Will all while Dom still thinks he's my knight in shining armor and will try to drag me along his stupid plans. So I would say I have both OPTIONS and COVERAGE right now and we're feeling hot and sexy in it all!!

Let's talk alliances. Are you in any right now? If you're part of multiple, how loyal are you to them? Are you worried about anyone else being part of an alliance? What do you hope to gain by being in them?

So I'm not in any official alliances, which is probably... bad! There are a bunch of alliance chats and at least some of them are probably real. Now does this WORRY me? I don't really think so, I think there are developments here that might culminate in a chat and if not I don't put a ton of stock in them. I know there is some bias from where I play most of my games but historically alliance chats don't mean a TON compared to just mutual connections. They often serve just to be a bit of a physical symbol of a connection and like a way to show that you have actually chatted to the people involved in the group about one another.

Who on your tribe right now is likely safe from the next tribal council or two? Who do you think is in hot water and likely to be voted out? What about your own danger level?

So it's bold to say but I think the safest people on this tribe right now are GENIE, RICARD, and... myself. Where I think I was just on people's tongues as an option last night. I just think there are two rising factions of like Jay/Dom/Jacob who want to vote Bradley and Lindsey/Will who seemingly want to go after Dom? Or at least somebody in that other group. I think Genie, Ricard, and I are kind of in the middle of this and can decide which way we want this tribe to go. Ricard mentioned a group of us today and I'm going to push on that a bit tomorrow to really make us the middle faction here and try and consolidate that as like my MAIN GROUP. The ISSUE with this is that I do think Genie is pretty close to Dom and might have told him that Lindsey isn't a huge fan of him. I need to really feel them out and make sure that I'm their priority before I admit to having some interest in this because I don't want this getting leaked to Dom if it's not going to happen obviously. I don't think that Jay would be that mad in this instance, like he'd probably be WORRIED that he lost control but I don't think he's like super onboard the Dom train either and I think I could rebuild things with him. Jacob would be upset but I care more about who got voted out of Survivor 42 last week than I do about how Jacob feels and I'm not watching this season! Now BRADLEY in all this is a bit weird, I had been writing him off a little bit but if he's potentially sticking around I do need to work on building up that relationship a little bit more. We had an okay chat today so we'll keep going with that.

I think I actually DO still prefer to vote Bradley out next and then go into a swap or merge in the middle of these groups. If Lindsey really pushes this happening and Genie/Ricard are on board I am okay with doing it here though. I think the benefit of killing Dom sooner than later would be that he isn't on the jury, I know that if I blindside him he will be very upset with me on the jury and he's the type that's going to make his opinion known on the jury, it could start an early groupthink that doesn't benefit me, so there is real merit to trying to send him to live on a farm prior to this. I will think on it!

The short term plan is keep sucking up to Jay/Dom, keep validating Lindsey in her misery of living under a Survivor patriarchy, and get things locked and loaded with Genie and Ricard to where we can hold the real power on this tribe and beyond. Also develop relationships with Will and Bradley as much as I can, I suppose!
Cochran, Catalie liked this

Rachel

• Jury
So thinking a little bit more on it, I think voting Dom out on this tribe would be a pretty bad idea in general. If Lindsey starts to really push it and rally the troops and Genie/Ricard are actively wanting to do it I think that it would be OKAY but I do think he's still generally favorable for me to have around. Like there are some clear issues there, with him existing I'm always going to be seen as a follower to him and it's clear that him and Jay don't really take me seriously on a game level which like honestly I do understand given how I've played in relation to them so far.

Anyways I think I'll try frame it to Lindsey that voting Dom could potentially swapfuck us it were to be Jay/Jacob and one of us and we get some more Crete. I know that's not like a super likely spot but it would indeed be bad~ I think I can just take out Dom in the early-ish merge and things work out better. I can't leave him in too long even if he does genuinely value me because being seen as the follower for too long makes it hard to really flip that narrative even if you start to take control following it all. People get perceptions in their head and are resistant to changing them.

Rachel

• Jury

what the fuck is actually wrong with him. like this isn't a big deal in isolation but it's like the 11th time he's said this and it's 2 weeks ago literally get a fucking grip nobody FUCKING ASKED DOMENICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel

• Jury