--5th Place - Voted out 3-2--
By Jay
Gonna do a few words about everyone who I met this season, maybe a couple for the people that I didn't that I heard about through others as well.

Michelle - Caustralian icon, that really, needs a second chance, because you went out in such extraordinary circumstances. Was super pleasant to talk to for the first days that we did chat, and for that reason I thought you were the biggest threat out the three players in that fake f3. Look forward to seeing you play again if you ever get to.

Laurel - Robbed Australian icon #justiceforLaurel

Paul - Paul, Paul, Paul. You were a character, and I'm very, very glad I didn't have to play with you for any longer than I did. A lot of people on the tribe interpreted your actions as mean-spirited. Personally, I don't believe so, I think you were just tryna get by in the game, and let your emotions get the better of you. Completely understandable. Would love watching you from the other side, but certainly wouldn't want to play with you again.

Michaela - I def stand by my decision to cut you when I did. I believed you were getting closer to other people than you were to me, and I was right, given Bret started fighting for you. You were a nice person though, hope your acting gig's going well.

CeCe - The first time I was gutted to see someone go home. What an icon, was gutted to hear you gave up when we got to the 'merge'. But was my closest ally for most of the preswap, maybe overtaken by Taylor towards the end but my first true connection. Loved the way you painted a target on the false zakros f3 so the tribe was pretty easily divided and we had a common enemy. Hope that Faulty Towers gig is going well.

Ken - Someone I never truly got an amazing read on, but I think you saw me as a close ally. Pretty busy with life stuff, including your wedding, which would've happened by now!! Wishing all the best for you in that. Remember one of your first words to me was 'So how're you feeling about the tribe?', which I remember thinking you were a gamebot for lmao, but you grew on me as time went by.

James - Boy oh boy. You were an extremely strong player. Always willing to make a move, and a very good talker. Really strong socially as well, had a lot of people wanting to play with you. Just took one risk too many to blow up your game. Hope you can still give me Bio tips if I ever end up needing them!! And you were a good sport as well, which I appreciate. And that deal we made at the merge was genuine if it wasn't for the weird circumstances that surrounded the steph vote.

Morgan - I found you really fun! Unfortunately, the fallout from the James vote meant I didn't want to take the risk of keeping you around with bad feelings and a lack of trust, given I predicted a swap upcoming. I think in other circumstances, we could've def worked together.

Brad - Mate where to start with ya. #FarmersUnion didn't last long, but I'm glad to finally to know someone who does these things somewhat close to me. You're a good bloke, pretty easy to talk to, but gamewise I just couldn't trust where your head was at. Might pop down into one of ya quizzes at some point, grab a beer!

Steph - One of my relationship rollercoasters. Glad we finished on a high though. I immediately distrusted you when you said this was ya first org, cause you played like it wasn't. Jacob stitched you up, when it came down to it, on that swap tribe. Made it seem as though you were very tightly glued to James, Morgan and Bradley. Completely burnt you on that first vote where I acted up multiple different avenues only to be set on you the whole time, even with the whole fake Jacob fight. Maybe should've split votes between you and Wendell, I had a feeling he'd leaked rather than jess when you came at her so aggressively. It didn't make sense. You were a scrappy player I'll give ya that! But I always felt we had a really similar outlook gamewise and I always felt I could work with you. Still my favourite gameplay moment of the season when I played my idol for you. Loved our personal connection towards the end, was sad when you left. 

Dom - Enjoyed talking to you personally! You always seemed really down to earth, and that was endearing. You have a good strategic head on ya shoulders for sure. But the way you came across when you were talking gamewise just put a massive target on your back and although I didn't vote for you the night you went, I probably would've, since I was planning to do it later anyway. But I still stand by the fact that you're a good player and extremely personable. Got me in a lotta shit afterwards though haha.

Hali - Never met but Lindsey said good things about ya! Hope you and Steph are getting along well in the lurkers server cause from what Lindsey's said, you kinda remind me of her.

Bradley - We didn't really connect this season. I think you were nice enough, but just never really seemed to give anything of substance. Glad you went at that tribal and not me. Hope the tennis is going well!

Jessica - This game would not be the same without you. Period. Such a sweet, genuine soul, with so much love inside of you. Your heart is full of gold and I'm so glad I got to start this game with you. You're a great mum to your daughter, especially since she chose me as her fave in the first week <3. No but seriously I think it's so sweet you guys went through this together and I'm so so happy to be able to talk to you after the game. Was probably the most gutted I've been in this game when someone was voted out. 

Genie - Such a massive presence this season, despite exiting early merge. Through talking to you and seeing just your social presence and after blindsiding Dom, I just knew you'd be my biggest threat at the merge, and I was plotting how to get you out for a while. BUT in saying that, you were always an amazing presence to talk to, bounce ideas off of, but also just talking about literally anything. Also loved your use of <3 throughout anything you said, really lightened the mood up, and it's something I do a lot too. Lovely person, and another I'm looking forward to keeping up with post-season.

Taylor - Literally the best thing that happened to me this season. I adore you so much amigo, Team TayJay is something that'll be here to stay for a long time I reckon. We became so tight this season, mainly because I think we're so, so similar. I still stand by the statement that the conversation we had on the day you left was the best conversation I had in the game, and possibly my favourite moment from the season. Just your heart, humour, energy, positivity, charisma. All just amazing attributes that contribute towards you being my best mate here. On top of that, you were an amazing person to bounce ideas off, and just had a great strategic mind and some great reads throughout the season. Loved playing with you and I wouldn't choose anyone else to be my number 1.

Tyler - We didn't get to talk much strategy wise due to the nature of the game, but I can 1000% see why people saw you as such a big threat. Very charming and also smart strategically. Probably the biggest pillar socially on the og Worlds Apart people side. Really enjoyed our chats personal level, you were a great sounding board about my own aspirations lifewise and just provided me with a good distraction from the game. Gamewise I think we were about getting something good going when you got idoled out with the whole shields conversation, but that got cut short :((. You were super fun in ponderosa as well hah.

Ricard - I could just never get a great read on you. Out of you and Genie I felt I wanted to work with Genie more which is why she also became my target over you because if she made me feel that way, she'd probably make everyone else feel that way too. The rubber just never hit the road between the two of us in the game. Which sucks because in ponderosa I found you absolutely hilarious, good fun and I have a shit tonne of respect for you and the way you played. Which is why I defended you so much from what I considered really weird attacks.

Rachel - I'm glad I saved you on that last Zakros vote so you could complete your story this season. You were pretty fun to talk to throughout, we got along pretty well, and you're an eloquent speaker, and smart as well. Even though I was targeting you mid merge, we could still speak cordially and you were always careful about what you said I think, but still revealing enough. Very smart player. Glad my idea of having a 'fuck you shield' paid off lmao, I remember making that confessional. 

Will - I liked you early on, but longer into the game it just became clear that you were a hypocrite. Especially in ponderosa. And I don't have any respect for hypocrites and if I see someone being a hypocrite, I will call them out on it, and I won't back down. So keep ya ego in check next time, you don't live up to any of the shit ya talk.

Lindsey - I went from having no idea where your head's at, to needing you, to trying to control the early merge with you, only to be backstabbed 3 times. And then tried to get you out, only for all that to fail. And then from the final 9 on, there wasn't one time where our interests weren't aligned. And those last few days with you were really good for me, and genuinely I consider you a friend coming out of this. Because even though we were at odds for part of the game, we still always had amazing chats about how we were feeling game wise, and what was happening outside as well. The chat I had about my perception and how you made me feel a lot better about it, was genuinely super helpful for me. I believe you are a great person, a strong ass player and a good friend.

Jacob - This one is tough. I liked you. I did, I thought that coming out of this, we'd be cool. But the reality is, and you know this, I feel like our friendship was purely strategic on your part. Which I understand, given the spot you were in. Does it means it hurts any less? Absolutely not. Am I willing to move on from it? Depending on what happens after this, yes. I'll have to see some context Re: confessionals to know whether you were just forging our relationship or whether you did actually care and the game just got in the way. Either way it will take me a while, but if you read this Jacob, know I am willing to forgive and move on.

Jay - Image

Erika - Absolutely one of my favourite people in the game. From the time we played together at the final 9, and you became my numero uno, I really enjoyed chatting with you and scheming together. Your ability to go from sweet to salty in a heartbeat had me chuckling so many times. You always made me feel appreciated, which is something I really like about ya, and you're a good sounding board for frustrations, or happiness, and anything in between. I think if we had been on the same starting tribe, we would've instantly clicked and becomes number 1's. <3

Shirin - I appreciated our talks, even if they were limited, and found you to be one of the more pleasant people to talk to, even if our chats were limited. My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss over the weekend. I found you to be reasonably clued in gamewise, not a goat as many people, including myself, believed you to be at first. I think with a bit of tuning and a slightly higher activity level you could become a really good player

Bret - Just a disclaimer about anything I said in my confessionals: All game related issues. Personal level, I found you to be quite sweet with a good heart and I enjoyed a few of our chats early game. Game level though, different story. Quite smarmy, was the vibe I got and I just couldn't shake it. I never really trusted you until about final 9, which you burnt right away lol. I think you were trying to play hard, but the 'crown-stealing' move rarely works, especially for a juror like myself. I needed to see something more, something active that you were doing before that, pushing back and not just being a yes-man. I think you had the right intentions, but the execution just wasn't there. Personally, I hope we can become friends after this.

Wendell - I really enjoyed our time together. I felt like with you, all the personal and game related stuff felt separated which I really appreciated, because I really enjoyed building our relationship on a personal level. You're a great bloke, super stoked to see you probably win this season, it feels really earnt. Gamewise, your ability to manage relationships and trust was masterful. Threat management. Masterful. Social game. Masterful. Strategically, a few small missteps from an ideal game, but your social game more than made up for that. Proud of ya mate, hope we can keep in touch post season.

Jay

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts