(Some of) You guys know the drill by now. Let's get into it, leave out no details.
  1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?
  2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.
  3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?
  4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?
  5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Group Group Group Group
25 DOWN, 14 MORE TO GO
1. Tonight's challenge was a ranking-based one. Were you shocked or surprised at where the averages were? How do you feel about your place on the overall social ranking, do you agree with it? How about your reaction for the other tribe's ranking?
My list was pretty accurate and I think the tribe dynamics are pretty clear. I submitted the same private and public list (as its mathematically a better choice if I'm trying to win the challenge lol) so I put myself as #2 cause I hoped that would help me be actually number #2 although I do agree I'm probably at the top of the tribe right now, just hoped it wouldn't be the case, cause as much as it is nice to know it's not just me being overconfident, we all just saw what happened to Dom. I still think that if we go to another tribal I'm not in danger, and am probably the swing vote, but come merge, I'm sure the other tribe will try to use this chart against me, so rip my threat level. I was happy to see the other tribes chart cause it looked like all my people are at the top, so I felt like they were safe and they actually are all working together as I hoped (Dom, Jacob, Jay, Genie, Rachel), but tribal results showed otherwise. I really really hope it was an idol who got Dom out, cause 1- an idol out of the game and 2- that means that the people I'm relying on working together at merge are good with each other and have good numbers. If he was outnumbered here I fear I am fucked in merge.
2. What is the best moment of your game so far? Whether it be a move, a strategy, a bond, etc.
I had a lot of great moments and I'm proud of my resume so far, but I think the best I felt was managing to get from being out of the loop from Stephanie's vote to gain a 5-4 majority and to end up in the swing position in the tribe. I know it's not just my doing and it had a lot to do with Taylor and Erika too (maybe also Bret who knows) but I feel like if I had played passively and just let others lead the charge for me, Jessica would have probably voted Erika over Carolyn there, and then I would've been most likely screwed. So me whispering and being vocal about my standing and my thoughts was key to getting the power back to my hands and it felt amazing getting out of that tribal on top. Now Tyler and Shirin are also pissed at Taylor and Jessica (mainly Jessica cause she didn't really do damage control from what I've heard and she really was kinda the one dictating all the votes here so far). They can't be mad at me Erika or Bret cause they blindsided us all before and we had good reason to be against them. So now Tyler and Shirin are trying to sway me and Erika to vote Jessica with them, and I'm trying to remain as open to that as possible to not lose any bridges with Tyler and Shirin, and although all our bad voting history, it still looks like we're on good terms which is amazing. The World Aparts scare me and I need an in to that group, or my threat level and them will kill me. So that's why Im good with them idoling out Jessica (I gave all my thoughts about the idol clue to Shirin and Tyler) or that Erika will flip on a 3-2-2 split to vote Jessica. If Jessica will try to push Erika hard here, I'll just vote her out with them without a question. This swap has been brutal so far and I lost Dom and Stephanie already, I'm not willing to lose Erika.
3. Most people look at 3 main pillars for Survivor: Strategic, Physical, and Social game. As of right now, which one is your strongest and which one is your weakest, and why?
I think I've always been a strategic player. My social game is good enough to let me execute good strategic gameplay so they kinda intertwine but I'd say strategic is the stronger one of them. I don't have the social skills some have to make people my simps that will throw the game for me lmao. I'm usually just viewed as good socially in the "oooh he's a nice shield for me" tier so hopefully people will take shields far enough in the game this time 😂 By default that means physical is my weakest, especially when it involves English in some way lol cause me not being an English speaker is a disadvantage in a lot of challenges, but I compensate with good puzzle skills usually (tho I flopped both puzzle comps that were here so far).
4. Who has overstayed their welcome the most in this game? Who do you think went home too early?
Overstayed? Definitely Bradley. Kinda thought (and hoped) he'd be going home here. Just in terms of how active and devoted he was it was nowhere near the other people I've met here. But hey I haven't interacted with him since OG Lato so maybe things changed. Bret I'd say is probably there too, unless it's his strategy to be annoyingly UTR. Left early? DOM. I mean 16th/40 is impressive but that dude deserved AT LEAST merge. He was so dedicated and gave this game his all and I'm really sad for him. I hope he's proud of his game cause he was a badass. Stephanie was out too early for me as well, tho she did play 2 idols before that saved her, so it feels a bit fairer haha. But the most robbed person I know is definitely Laurel. She was great and just a victim of Chris's shenanigans. I think had Morgan wanted to boot Chris first, Laurel would have gotten my idol next and the game would be so much different now. Laurel did have a good shot at succeeding in this game had she lived this one tribal.
5. How does tonight's boot affect you and your game going forward?
I have no idea to be honest. Dom was a massive player and someone I knew I could share everything with game-wise so I was excited to reunite at merge and fill each other in on what happened and run the game. I was still running the perception that me and Dom had beef "and I think we made up", and Jacob and Dom were def a more visible duo, so me being reunited with him would have been such a good headstart for the merge to me, but I don't know. Probably gonna rely a lot on Jay (and Taylor) now. Jay still "owes" me for the idol so I'm sure he wants to work with me, especially if Im so close to Taylor. I want to reunite with Jacob but the guy needs to stop with the one word answers. Give me the same lively character you got in your public posts in our dms PLEASE. Genie is a major person I'm looking forward to work with. On a personal level I think she was the person I enjoyed talking to the most, and I hope Erika and Genie are close cause if so that is GREAT. Idk Idk it's all very uncertain right now and the merged tribal would be hella scary so I hope to just win immunity to see what the fuck is going on before I'm vulnerable lmao

Domenick, Sherri, John liked this

Wendell

• Delos Tribe

Delos Tribe
  • Awards: Posts